Guillermo Varela Will Have Medical With Manchester United Today: Daily Soccer Report
Manchester United are on the verge of signing u-20 Uruguay international Guillermo Varela for around £2.3 million from Penarol.
The 20-year-old right back traveled from Uruguay to London yesterday, will take his medical today and will then return to play for the Uruguay u-20 squad.
Varela spent some time with the Old Trafford club last season on trial. It’s very doubtful that the right back will get much or any playing time this season, but he’s certainly a signing for the future to compete for the right back position currently occupied by Rafael da Silva.
- Guillermo Varela will have medical with Manchester United today — Sky Sports
- Laudrup intends to stay at Swansea but urges board to make progress on transfers — Telegraph
- Andros Townsend reveals details of gambling shame — The Mail
- Liverpool expect Anfield redevelopment planning permission to be submitted this summer — Mirror
- Iago Aspas set to sign for Liverpool; Club also chasing Tiago Ilori from Sporting Lisbon — The Mail
- Our Premier League out-of-contract XI — The Guardian
- The time when Stuart Pearce said Arsenal’s Bergkamp buy was a waste of money — 101GG
- Liverpool goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi has joined Austrian side Red Bull Salzburg — Sky Sports
- Chelsea have inquired about Edinson Cavani, says Napoli president — The Guardian
- Premier League announce players released by clubs this summer — Premier League
- Paul Agnew leaves post as Blackburn Rovers’ operations director — The Guardian
- Tony Fernandes has dismissed reports that he has had a row with manager Harry Redknapp — Sky Sports
- Avram Grant in talks to become new Sheffield United manager — The Mail
- Football League clubs outlaw unlimited international loans in wake of Watford success — Sky Sports
- Fenerbahce agree personal terms with Benfica hitman Oscar Cardozo — 101 Great Goals
- Stuart Pearce puts faith in Wilfried Zaha to recharge flat England — Evening Standard
- Lionel Messi cleared to play for Argentina against Colombia — Sky Sports
- Squad lists announced for Brazil Confederations Cup — World Football Insider
- Gianni Infantino adds weight to winter World Cup in Qatar in 2022 — The Independent
- World Cup qualifiers: 10 things we’re looking forward to this weekend — The Guardian
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.