Depending on your outlook, it’s either good news or bad news today for Arsenal as defender Andre Santos is heading back to the Gunners.
Santos has been playing for Gremio in Brazil since February on a short-term loan, but his stint in the southern hemisphere is scheduled to end in July, and a Gremio official have admitted that they can’t afford Santos on a permanent deal.
The 30-year-old defender had a torrid time for Arsenal last season where he was criticized for his performances in the UEFA Champions League and Premier League. Plus he was criticized for swapping his shirt with Robin van Persie before he left the field at Old Trafford right after the half-time whistle.
What’s your opinion about Andre Santos’s future at Arsenal? Do you feel he should be given another chance to get into the first team at the Emirates Stadium? Or is it time to cut the losses on the player who was bought for £5.9 million in 2011? Share your insight in the comments section below.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Andre Santos will return to Arsenal as Gremio cannot afford a permanent deal — Sky Sports
- ‘In the six’ and football’s other strange Americanisms — BBC News
- Real Madrid target Liverpool’s Luis Suarez in £40 million bid — The Telegraph
- Freddie Ljungberg hits out at trophyless flops for celebrating fourth place — The Telegraph
- Everton fans protest against new club badge design — BBC News
- Champions League: Bayern win the 2013 final – brick-by-brick video — The Guardian
- Manchester City tickets best value per home win — When Saturday Comes
- Why England fans should surrender their traditional chant — The Guardian
- Robert Lewandowski’s agent ‘confirms’ the forward’s transfer to Bayern Munich — The Independent
- Liverpool’s Danny Wilson makes Hearts switch permanent — BBC Sport
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.