The timing is unfortunate. On the eve of Manchester City’s FA Cup Final match against Wigan, there are reports in the Spanish media that Malaga manager Manuel Pellegrini is to replace Roberto Mancini. This follows up on the news from two weeks ago when Pellegrini’s representative reportedly met with Manchester City’s director of football.
Spanish sources say that Pellegrini has accepted a deal to become the new City manager, and will take over at City by the beginning of next season.
In addition to City’s FA Cup Final appearance tomorrow at Wembley, the club still has two games remaining in the Premier League as well as two friendlies in the States before they take a break before their Asia tour in July.
What do you think? Will Manuel Pellegrini be a good fit to replace Mancini, or are these newspaper rumors just to undermine Mancini and City? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Pellegrini set to replace Mancini at Manchester City, claim reports — The Guardian
- Manuel Pellegrini has been backed in to 1/4 favourite to be the next manager of Man City — Sky Sports
- Antonio Conte says he could be tempted by a move to the Premier League — BBC Sport
- Liverpool cancel South Africa preseason tour — Liverpool FC
- Fabio Capello: Excess stress forced Sir Alex Ferguson to call time on career — The Independent
- Chelsea’s John Terry becomes target of Turkish champions Galatasaray — The Guardian
- Wayne Rooney responds to newspapers reports about the changes to his Twitter acct — Wayne Rooney
- Spurs ‘set to beat’ Arsenal to the signature of Barcelona’s David Villa — The Independent
- 99 years ago: LFC’s first overseas tour — Liverpool FC
- Wigan’s FA Cup final defensive dilemma: two, three or four at the back? — The Guardian
- Nike Maxim 2013 English FA Cup final ball — Football Fashion
- FA Cup final: Dave Whelan cleared to lead Wigan team out at Wembley — The Independent
- Sam Allardyce expects to sign a new contract with the club early next week — Sky Sports
- West Brom block Viagogo tickets for United game — ESPN FC
- Pardew admits Newcastle job is in jeopardy but claims Mike Ashley is also to blame — The Independent
- BSkyB refuse to be drawn into football price war with BT — The Telegraph
- André Villas-Boas hopes Mousa Dembélé is fit for Tottenham at Stoke — The Guardian
- David Moyes denies Man United appointment has been planned for months — The Telegraph
- Man City invite you to play FA Cup final bingo — Dirty Tackle
- New Manchester United manager David Moyes ‘had no plans to leave Everton’ — The Telegraph
- Aston Villa to launch new home kit at B6 music festival on Father’s Day — Aston Villa FC
- AVB urges Gareth Bale to sign a new Spurs contract and end transfer speculation — The Telegraph
- Michael Laudrup dismisses Everton talk as ‘pure speculation’ — The Independent
- Post-Ferguson, Manchester United struggles to justify £2bn price tag — The Guardian
- Microsoft’s next console will be called Xbox Infinity — Ars Technica
- Scot-free, Arsène Wenger may be lost without his fellow maddening uncle — The Guardian
- Ian Holloway fears cruciate knee damage for Glenn Murray — The Independent
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.