During Paolo Di Canio’s press conference yesterday in Sunderland, the Italian manager was asked by BBC journalist Dan Roan whether he is a fascist or not. Di Canio refused to answer the question and, instead, said to ask Trevor Sinclair or Chris Powell about his character. Di Canio said the same thing in his Monday official club statement.
While Charlton manager Chris Powell agreed that Di Canio is not a racist, Powell refused to be drawn on the issue of whether Di Canio is a fascist or not. Instead, Powell said “You will have to ask him.”
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Chris Powell says of Paolo Di Canio’s politics: ‘You’ll have to ask him’ — The Guardian
- Carlos Tevez escapes jail sentence after admitting motoring offenses — The Independent
- Paolo Di Canio’s arrival at Sunderland highlights need for manager scouts — The Guardian
- Romelu Lukaku set for another loan spell but Chelsea striker could reject West Brom — The Mail
- Emile Heskey signs new contract with Newcastle Jets — The Independent
- Neil Warnock hopes Mark Hughes gets Leeds job to ‘destroy another team of mine’ — The Guardian
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.