It’s a quieter news day in the soccer world today, but the major story is that former Southampton manager Nigel Adkins may become the next manager of Reading Football Club.
This one seems like a desperate move to me after Gus Poyet turned down the opportunity to manage Reading. Adkins is a qualified manager, but he’s comparable to Brian McDermott. Hiring Adkins would be seen as a sideways move for Reading Football Club. At this rate, why not accept the likelihood that the team will be relegated and hire someone who can help the team rebuild in the summer and try to come back up next year?
What are your thoughts about the prospect of Nigel Adkins becoming Reading’s new manager?
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Reading ready to make fresh approach to former Southampton manager Nigel Adkins — Telegraph
- Hodgson is poised to make up to six changes to the England team — The Independent
- Jamie Carragher set to be signed up as Sky Sports pundit — The Mirror
- Swansea pay £950k to get out of their shirt sponsor contract — Football Economy
- Sunderland fear Steven Fletcher could be out for up to six weeks with an ankle injury — The Mail
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.