Sir Alex Ferguson Insists Wayne Rooney Will Stay at Manchester United Next Season: The Daily EPL
Shock! Horror! After two days of BS stories by most of the British press as well as ESPN FC, their reports about Wayne Rooney and Manchester United splitting ways were nonsense, conjured up by the media to sell newspapers and get hits, or based purely on misinformation.
Wayne Rooney is staying at Manchester United. Ferguson insisted that the footballer will be playing for United next season, and that the two get along perfectly well. The club is not prepared to sell the player at any price. And “He will be here next year, you have my word on that,” added Ferguson.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Sir Alex Ferguson insists Wayne Rooney will stay at Manchester United next season — Telegraph
- Manchester United-Real Madrid ref Cuneyt Cakir tells AS: “Nani’s red was correct” — 101GG
- Richard Scudamore compares third-party ownership to “indentured slavery” — Sports Business
- “Back on track and coming home”: Gazza out of rehab and heading home this weekend — The Mirror
- Gareth Bale: Incredible scoring streak continues — The Independent
- Randy Lerner won’t sack Paul Lambert even if Aston Villa are relegated — The Daily Star
- Angel Rangel has signed a new contract with Swansea until 2016 — The Independent
- Ex-police officer admits selling John Terry information to Sun — BBC Sport
- Southampton reveal profit but Nicola Cortese hits out at EPL spending controls — The Independent
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.