Tottenham Hotspur supporters were attacked in Lyon overnight by 50 masked men, several of whom made Nazi salutes. The latest reports are that three Tottenham supporters were badly injured.
Tottenham plays Lyon today in the second-leg of their Europa League tie.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Lyon thugs ‘attack Spurs fans in pub’ (Mobile Video) — The Guardian
- Tottenham confirm three fans injured in Lyon pub attack — The Guardian
- Laudrup admits winning the League Cup with Swansea would rank as greatest achievement — Evening Post
- Jamie Carragher set for 150th European game for Liverpool FC — Liverpool Echo
- Wayne Rooney is major doubt for Manchester United’s trip to QPR — The Guardian
- A 14th century knight: Why Tottenham are called Hotspur — Sabotage Times
- Former Aston Villa footballer Nigel Reo-Coker joins Vancouver Whitecaps — ESPN FC
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.