Chelsea’s John Terry in Injury ‘Vicious Circle’ Admits Rafael Benítez: The Nightly EPL
Rafa Benitez revealed tonight that Chelsea captain John Terry is involved in a vicious cycle where he’s been unable to completely recover from his string of injuries. However, Terry believes he’s match-fit and ready to play for the Blues again. Benitez obviously disagrees at Terry was left to sit on the bench again tonight.
“During the [last] week he had a setback,” Benítez said, according to a report in The Guardian. “Then he was fine again [when he returned to training this week] and he had no reaction in the training session. But we have to manage the situation. He has to train more with the team and then he will have more options to play. It’s a vicious circle. If he cannot play, he cannot improve his match fitness but, if he can’t train with the team, he can’t improve his fitness. We have to manage the situation but in the meantime, if [Gary] Cahill and [Branislav] Ivanovic are doing well, we can keep winning games.”
What do you think? Is Terry really ready to come back, or is Benitez conveniently using the injury as a way to cement Cahill and Ivanovic as the main central defenders, which will make it easier to push Terry out when the time comes? Share your opinion in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Chelsea’s John Terry in injury ‘vicious circle’ admits Rafael Benítez — The Guardian
- Tottenham will play friendly against Jamaica in The Bahamas on May 23 — THFC
- FOX Soccer Plus offering free preview February 16-24 — FOX Soccer Plus
- Is Michael Laudrup the perfect match for Chelsea? — Life’s A Pitch
- EPL clubs back campaign to lift ban on alcohol in seats inside football grounds — The Mirror
- Norwich City have secured the future of midfielder Bradley Johnson on a new deal — Sky Sports
- Zenit fans produce astounding ‘Charge of the Light Brigade’ banner in clash with Liverpool — The Mail
- Liverpool aren’t out of Europe yet, says defiant Rodgers — The Guardian
- Turning Cardiff red, the Vincent Tan way — 200%
Here are highlights of some of today’s Europa League matches:
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.