Just hours before Nile Ranger was arrested on suspicion of rape, the Newcastle United striker posted a photo on his Instagram account writing his surname across his floor with a stack of £20 notes.
It makes you wonder why someone would have approximately £1,500 (approximately $2,300) just laying around. And this from a relatively poor reserve striker on the books at Newcastle United. What a waste of money in many ways.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Nile Ranger spelled his name in money before getting arrested on suspicion of rape — Dirty Tackle
- Bolton’s ground staff will wage an all-night battle to ensure that Everton FA Cup tie goes ahead — ToffeeWeb
- Liverpool try a third time to sign Internazionale’s Philippe Coutinho — The Guardian
- West Bromwich Albion turn down Peter Odemwingie transfer request — The Independent
- Arsenal’s Emmanuel Frimpong joins Fulham on loan — Arsenal FC
- Arsène Wenger says January transfer window should be axed — video — The Guardian
- Wigan Athletic striker Callum McManaman has signed a contract extension — Sky Sports
- Lazio get suspended stadium ban for racist chanting in Tottenham game — The Guardian
- Bradford City’s Capital One Cup run has rekindled the romance of football — The Telegraph
- Brendan Rodgers expecting new arrivals at Liverpool — The Independent
- Why Arsenal’s Wojciech Szczesny is desperate for FA Cup glory — The Guardian
- Uefa confirms Euro 2020 tournament will be staged in 13 cities across Europe — The Telegraph
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.