The big story of the day today, other than the astonishing poor refereeing in the West Ham-Everton and Manchester City-Reading matches (no, Carlton Cole shouldn’t have been sent off, and yes Gareth Barry fouled the Reading defender), is that Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge is on the verge of a £3 million move from Stamford Bridge to Anfield.
The England striker will be taking a medical tomorrow in the hopes that he’ll join the Reds in time to make an impact over the Christmas period. I hope he ends up joining Liverpool. His talents are wasted on the bench in west London.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Daniel Sturridge is due to have a medical at Liverpool on Sunday ahead of a £12m move — BBC Sport
- QPR boss Harry Redknapp says many of his players earn too much money — Sky Sports
- Michu will make Spain debut against Uruguay, Del Bosque confirms — Yahoo News
- Brendan Rodgers predicted a bright Liverpool future for Stewart Downing — Sky Sports
- Harry Redknapp to sell Jose Bosingwa after lashing out at QPR flops — The Telegraph
- David Moyes says he will appeal Darron Gibson’s dismissal against West Ham — Sky Sports
- Why bother watching football when you can follow it through tweets? — The Guardian
- Man City send fixer to Brazil as they launch bold mission to sign Neymar — The Telegraph
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.