Mario Balotelli’s substitution against Manchester United and his resulting strop down the tunnel could be the final time we see “Why Always Me” in a Manchester City shirt. The player has a tribunal hearing this week to protest against the £350,000 fine he received from the club for his disciplinary record. And newspapers report today that manager Roberto Mancini was the one who sanctioned the charges against the Italian striker.
Any clubs looking for a talented striker who is impossible to manage could be in for a bargain in the January transfer window. While Balotelli has been brilliant at times, I — personally — won’t miss him if he leaves.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Roberto Mancini sanctioned charges against Mario Balotelli — The Independent
- Man United players were banned from watching Man City’s match at Newcastle — Manchester Evening News
- MOTD3 team pick top teenagers in Premier League — BBC Sport
- Brendan Rodgers plans to give Raheem Sterling a rest — Sky Sports
- Chelsea in Japan: Players whip up ‘Beatlemania’ — BBC Sport
- Watch Man United stars singing Gangnam Style and Glory Glory at Xmas party — The Mirror
- Nicolas Anelka closing in on switch to QPR in January — The Telegraph
- Lucas Piazon had absolutely no right to criticize Chelsea’s World Club Cup run — Life’s A Pitch
- Scouting Report: Reading v Arsenal featuring Michael Cox — Arsenal FC
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.