You can’t make this stuff up. No, really. You can’t. Swansea City goalkeeper Michel Vorm, who just signed a new contract at Swansea, has been preparing for Saturday’s match against Stoke City by using rugby tackle bag equipment to prepare for the crosses he expects to receive in his goalkeeping area.
In other news, former Manchester City CEO Garry “Big Mouth” Cook has moved on to “bigger and better” things after City. He’s now working for UFC.
Here are the Premier League news headlines tonight:
- Swansea keeper Michel Vorm uses rugby equipment to warm up for Stoke — The Daily Mail
- Garry Cook goes from Man City to Ultimate Fighting Championship — The Daily Mail
- Dimitar Berbatov out for Manchester City visit to Fulham — The Independent
- Roberto Mancini says Carlos Tevez lost his fitness during break — The Guardian
- Adam Johnson thigh injury cause for concern at Sunderland — The Daily Mail
- Mikel Arteta’s footballing sense has revived the Arsenal midfield — The Guardian
- Behind the scenes revealed on “Being: Liverpool,” but nothing much is revealed — The Mirror
- Chelsea’s John Terry continues as captain despite racism ruling — The Guardian
- Teenage kicks could be right way for Rodgers to rejuvenate Liverpool — The Independent
- André Villas-Boas praises the impact of Tottenham’s Jermain Defoe — The Guardian
- Harry Kane Facing 8 Weeks Out Following Surgery — Cartilage Free Captain
- Steve Kean’s wife helped him keep his Blackburn job for an extra week — Dirty Tackle
- Steve Kean ‘forced’ to resign as Blackburn Rovers manager — The Guardian
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.