One of the most memorable faces of early 80s British football passed away today at the age of 79. John Bond will be remembered by many as the manager of Manchester City from 1980-83 during a very trying time for the club. To shine some light on his time at City, you should definitely watch (or re-watch) the documentary about City on YouTube.
Bond is also fondly remembered as manager of Norwich City in the late 70s.
Not only did Bond have a long managerial career from 1970 to 1999, but he also will be remembered by many, particularly West Ham United supporters, as an accomplished footballer. Bond made 444 appearances for the Hammers.
With the redesign of EPL Talk happening over the past 24-48 hours, we’ve got a ton of news headlines to share with you. Here goes:
- John Bond, former West Ham player and Man City manager, dies aged 79 — The Guardian
- Jerome Sinclair could become Liverpool’s youngest player ever — Liverpool Echo
- Kelvin MacKenzie sues South Yorkshire police over Hillsborough lies — The Guardian
- Wenger names squad for Capital One Cup tie — Arsenal FC
- Emmanuel Frimpong returns for Arsenal after seven months out injured — The Guardian
- John Terry ‘ready for Arsenal’ despite FA race verdict looming — The Independent
- Michel Platini wants winter 2022 World Cup — The Guardian
- Roy Hodgson to snub Rio Ferdinand again as John Terry replacement — The Daily Mail
- Aston Villa stun Manchester City as Roberto Mancini’s anger boils over — The Guardian
- Panini: Espana 82 — The Football Attic
- Roberto Mancini angered by row with Paul Lambert — BBC Sport
- Wigan manager Roberto Martínez charged by FA over referee criticism — The Guardian
- Michael Dawson to get first Tottenham start since spurning QPR — The Independent
- John Terry’s defence team call on former England manager Fabio Capello — The Telegraph
- Andrei Arshavin to get his first Arsenal start since January — The Independent
- Chelsea’s John Terry expected to face Arsenal despite lack of training — The Guardian
- Seven arrests at Leeds United vs Everton FC game (VIDEO) — Liverpool Echo
- John Terry case puts FA’s disciplinary systems under pressure to reform — The Telegraph
- Manchester United yet to open Rio Ferdinand contract talks — The Guardian
- Shocking footage of Spanish police attacking Manchester City fans — 101 Great Goals
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.