The Independent newspaper is first on the scene tonight with evidence showing that South Yorkshire Police doctored Hillsborough evidence in a bid to escape blame. The newspaper is reporting that several documents had been doctored to paint the police department in a more positive light as a result of what happened on that fateful day in 1989 when Liverpool played Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup semi-final at Hillsborough Stadium in Sheffield, England.
I’m sure we’ll find out a ton more information when the Hillsborough Independent Panel report is released tomorrow.
Here are the latest Premier League and England news headlines:
- Hillsborough – police did doctor evidence in bid to avoid blame — The Independent
- Giorgos Karagounis joins Fulham on a free transfer — Premier League
- Robin van Persie limps off for Holland as precautionary measure — The Guardian
- Hillsborough families call for new inquests — The Daily Telegraph
- England and Ireland likely to contest a friendly in London next year — Sky Sports
- Kenny Dalglish: How horror of Hillsborough still haunts me — The Mirror
- Liverpool fly-on-the-wall documentary leaves more questions than answers — The Guardian
- Gabriel Agbonlahor wants to play in central role for Aston Villa — The Independent
- England’s empty stands and lack of ideas in post-Games anticlimax — The Guardian
- Everton express interest in League of Ireland teenager Kevin Feely — The Independent
- Frank Lampard saves England a point as Ukraine pay the penalty — The Guardian
- Swansea City’s Kyle Bartley injured for three months — The Daily Mail
- Norwich’s David Fox has signed a new two-year contract at Carrow Road — Sky Sports
- John Terry and Ashley Cole battling to be fit for Chelsea’s game at QPR — The Guardian
Meanwhile, Joey Barton traveled to Liverpool recently and sat down with survivors from the Hillsborough Disaster, for this very informative video:
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.