Powered by
bra0
ned3
JUL 13 3PM ET
arg0
ger1

Manchester United Defender Phil Jones Out for Up to 8 Weeks: The Daily EPL

phil jones Manchester United Defender Phil Jones Out for Up to 8 Weeks: The Daily EPL

If there’s one club in the Premier League who seems to be plagued with injuries time after time, it’s Manchester United. Defender Phil Jones looks set to be out for up to eight weeks with an injury. Meanwhile, Chris Smalling is still out with a toe injury, Wayne Rooney is out as well as Ashley Young, and Darren Fletcher is still regaining his fitness. It’s a tough blow to United, especially to the depth of their squad.

Here are the Premier League news headlines today:

The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.
This entry was posted in Leagues: EPL, Manchester United. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Manchester United Defender Phil Jones Out for Up to 8 Weeks: The Daily EPL

1. Sammy says:

Hooray! Sorry United fans but I’m glad to hear this, may the injuries keep coming!

2. dust says:

While the daily and nightly epl posts are welcome, no amount of news links can fill the gap left by the lack of BPL action…I hate the international break… I miss my BPL football… I tried watching Scotland V Serbia but just about gouged my own eye’s out in an attempt at sparing myself from the atrocity on the screen..but then I realized I could just turn it off and replay the spurs game from last week on fox soccer.

There must be something that can be done, ban all internationals during the season, just flip a fin to decide who qualifies for summer international tournaments, its about as accurate as ranking england as the 3rd best footbal team in the world.

3. Matt says:

jeeez, one week off for only 4-5 times a year…its not the end of the world. Stop being spoiled

4. Todd says:

That’s a tough blow for Jones and United.

I agree about the international break. Its really bad timing. Didn’t they just have the Euros and Olympics? Seems enough to me.

5. dust says:

I thought this was an interesting re-post by the guardian. a liverpool great starts at Spurs.

• Mufc77 says:

Interesting I never knew Souness played for spurs. Having played for Rangers and Liverpool I already hate him. I remember him being #1 on a list of footballs dirtiest players.

• Dust says:

I’m sure GS antics were not tolerated by Bill and any home sickness was more to do with not fitting Bills flowing football philosophy and thus the move to Middlesbrough.