If there’s one club in the Premier League who seems to be plagued with injuries time after time, it’s Manchester United. Defender Phil Jones looks set to be out for up to eight weeks with an injury. Meanwhile, Chris Smalling is still out with a toe injury, Wayne Rooney is out as well as Ashley Young, and Darren Fletcher is still regaining his fitness. It’s a tough blow to United, especially to the depth of their squad.
Here are the Premier League news headlines today:
- Manchester United defender Phil Jones is out for up to eight weeks — Sky Sports
- Are England better off without Wayne Rooney? — One Foot In The Game
- Hillsborough families call for official apology from David Cameron — The Guardian
- FIFA 13 review arrives: ‘Better than 12 and the best on console’ — Computer And Video Games
- Fulham are weighing up a move for Greek international Giorgos Karagounis — Sky Sports
- Don Garber: MLS offered Drogba more than $10 million per year — Soccer By Ives