John Terry has been found not guilty of racist abuse, by chief magistrate Howard Riddle at the Westminster Magistrates Court in London.
Riddle said that the issue was not whether Terry is a racist in the “broadest sense of word” since lots of character witnesses said he was not. The issue was whether John Terry said the words as an insult.
Riddle added that the prosecution presented a strong case. He said no doubt that John Terry uttered words, when he did so he was angry. But it was impossible to be sure of what words were spoken.
- Tottenham have agreed an undisclosed fee to sign Manchester City’s Emmanuel Adebayor — BBC Sport
- Liverpool agree fee to buy striker Fabio Borini from Roma — The Guardian
- Eden Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne and Marko Marin get their Chelsea squad numbers — Chelsea FC
- Wales boss Chris Coleman sees Angel Rangel move blocked by FIFA rule — The Daily Mail
- U19 European Championship: England lose in semi-finalsa — The Independent
- Hillsborough file archive could get permanent Liverpool home — Liverpool Echo
- Junior Hoilett is close to agreeing a deal with Borussia Monchengladbach — Sky Sports
- QPR’s Akos Buzsaky will leave Loftus Road after failing to agree terms on a new contract — The Daily Mail
- Newcastle close in on France international Mathieu Debuchy — The Independent
- Arsenal change its pricing policy at the Emirates following AISA campaign — Untold Arsenal
- Chelsea earn £47m prize money from Champions League success — The Guardian
- Sunderland signs ticket deal with StubHub — SportsPro