If Tottenham Beats Everton Tonight, Can Spurs Go All The Way?
It may seem like a typical mid-week game, but Tottenham’s match tonight against Everton is monumental. If Spurs win, they go joint second with Manchester United, and will be just three points away from Manchester City at the top of the table. A win for Harry Redknapp’s side tonight and another slip-up by either of the Manchester clubs, and we could have Tottenham Hotspur on top of the Premier League. With just three losses all season, Tottenham are poised to move into a different stratosphere in the Premier League. A win tonight at White Hart Lane, and the club will be in a three-horse race to win the Premier League title. Dizzying heights indeed.
Of course, a draw or loss for Tottenham tonight, and it could be another story entirely.
The chips are falling nicely for Tottenham considering:
- Vincent Kompany’s four match ban,
- Manchester City losing the influential Yaya Toure to international duty,
- Manchester United still in the FA Cup,
- Key injuries throughout the United squad (as well as the poor form they’ve been displaying),
- And the question of whether teams have figured out a way to beat Manchester City.