SAT, 7AM ET
NEW
CRY
SAT, 10AM ET
QPR
SUN

FIFA 12 Demos For XBOX, PS3 and PC: Downloads Now Available

I’ve been on the road in California this week on business, so I’m still catching up on some of the stories I may have missed. One of them, which is an important one for gamers, is the release of the FIFA 12 demos for XBOX 360, PS3 and PC, which are now available for download.

Here are all of the details of where to download the demos:

XBOX 360

FIFA 12 demo is available on the XBOX 360 from this Marketplace link.

PS3

The demo is live on PlayStation Network (PSN). More info here.

PC

The FIFA 12 demo is available for download in North America at http://static.cdn.ea.com/fifa/u/f/fifa12_demo_install_na.zip  Readers in Europe can download the FIFA 12 demo here.

If you’ve had a chance to play the demo, post your feedback in the comments section below to let us know what you think of the demo so far.

This entry was posted in FIFA Video Game, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to FIFA 12 Demos For XBOX, PS3 and PC: Downloads Now Available

1. west coast villan says:

The PES demo is also available on PS3.

2. fsadf says:

its pretty cool. the impact engine seems good, and the tactical defending takes a bit getting used to, but its quite nice too. the graphics are also awesome. for example you can see every single one of iniestas hairs. the only problem i have is when you hold the L1 button, the player walks waaaaaaay too slow. and do none of the players have 5 star skill? even messi only has 3 star weak foot and 4 star skill

3. sdfa says:

how much do you think sheikh mansour paid to get man city into the demo?

4. Rich Greene says:

Just downloaded and played a match…some quick thoughts

Demo has 6 teams to play a friendly with: Arsenal, Dortmund, Barca, ManCity, AC Milan and Marseille

when you first start it will take you through the new defensive system tutorial, i really didnt see much of a difference in how it worked from last year

Main Menu is the same as past editions, youre on the same training ground

Looks like the menus this year will be on a bar on the bottom on the screen

When you pick what jerseys you want to wear, one of the players steps out like a 3D model and shows you what theyll look like

I fond the font size in last year’s menus to be rather small, its slightly larger this year, especially when your picking your starting xi

game intro has the same flow as last year, but with a few extra tidbits thrown in that probably will be more annoying than anything once youve played the game a few times

Once the match starts though, its time to be impressed…in match graphics look great…to me it kind of reminded me of Sega Dreamcast when they had that great run of sports games…the player models are larger on the screen this year, but yet you can see more of the field…EA just really nailed that aspect ratio this year

when players run into each other you’ll see them brace themselves by sticking an arm out and what not…that part of the physics engine is greatly improved from a visual standpoint

announcers…other than Alan Smith being the color guy there’s not a big difference…tyler still says a lot of the exact same phrases he has for years….ie when there was a substitute it was word for word what its been in the past

so in closing…since all the demo really does is let you play a match, i would have to say its an improvement over 2011 in terms of the graphics and some of the physics they put in

5. umer ali says:

download the FIFA 12 demo of full pc

6. umer ali says:

announcers …. other then alan smith being the colour guy theres not big diffeerence

7. anonymous says:

i am waiting 4 it 2 down load now, it seems to be loading the GB alright but i have been waiting 4 a while and it continually says 1 hour to go, is this normal.

8. anonymous says:

what do u do when it finished, sumone pls answer

9. Gawek says:

I’ve downloaded the demo and played it a couple times. I really like the new features, but I’m curious about the new precision dribbling. I thought it would be like the skill move system, but apparently it just makes your player dribble better when near other players, I think. Or am I missing something? I would assume the best way to use the precision dribbling is to move with the LT button held, or maybe the LT + RT held for skilled dribbling. If I’m missing something on this, please let me know! :)

10. Ringo says:

The new defensive system definitely takes time to get used to but, in the end, I think it’s great. It goes much further towards creating a balance between the skill needed to properly defend and the skill needed to successfully attack. You can no longer simply hold down tackle (formerly A on Xbox, X on PS3) to close in on a player within range and take the ball away – this only marks them from a distance now. The actual standing tackle has been moved to a separate button from the contain button, so you have one more button to juggle in the mix and more concentration is required to successfully pull off a tackle. If you’ve played the last few iterations of the game and have defending down to muscle memory like I did, it will take a few games to relearn.

Calling a second defender over for help has also been changed, and in two ways. First, like with the containing/tackling for the player you are controlling, calling the player over now simply calls them over to contain the attacker, not go in for a tackle. Second, it has been moved to RB (Xbox) or R1 (PS3), so it’s harder to execute while also performing your own defensive duties. Again, there’s another button to juggle this year.

Last addition on D that I liked is that with standing tackle now being moved to a different button, you can also use it to push and jostle with an attacker from behind or on the side. If you go too far, though, you’ll get a foul called. I think it adds a great extra element of realism.

I think the players all look way more realistic than before. This may only be true of the teams in the demo, but it’s a promising start. There are way more players with their actual likenesses mapped into the game. The precision dribbling adds an interesting new element as well, but I’m still getting used to it. I’ve had several occasions where I tried to use it but ended up ruining my build up and looking like an amateur, and a couple others where I found separation from a defender and was able to get a scoring opportunity out of it. On the whole, I think this is going to be a fantastic year for FIFA.

11. FLIPPER says:

From the demo, i think FIFA 12 is brilliant, I downloaded the PC demo the day it was released and i have been playing it since i just cant seem to stop, I Played FIFA 11 on Xbox360 this year am going PC, I Just think its Improved greatly in most important areas
    Passing is more interesting
    Defense
    Building up the attack
    GRAPHICS are great.
    AI is just amazing
    I Can go as far as how players complain when they’ve been fouled (It was very funny) am talking running to the ref while the ball is still being played.
    cant wait for the full game.

VIVA FIFA