Where Will You Be Watching USA v Ghana and England v Germany?

Where Will You Be Watching USA v Ghana and England v Germany?

It’s another massive weekend of soccer for all of us around the world. On Saturday, the United States plays Ghana (2:30pm ET) while on Sunday, England takes on Germany (10am ET). Plus, in addition to that, there’s the mouthwatering clash between Argentina and Mexico (Sunday, 2:30pm ET) and last, but not least, Uruguay versus South Korea (Saturday, 10am ET) which should be a very entertaining game.

The question is, no matter where you live in the world, how and where will you be watching the matches this weekend?

If you still haven’t had a chance to go out and watch the game in public, I highly encourage it. I’ve watched every game so far this tournament. Some of them have been at home. Some at work. Many of them have been at a local sports bar. But without a doubt, the most incredible experiences for me have been when I watched them at the sports bar, where I partied with friends, family members and total strangers. The level of enthusiasm for a game increases tenfold when you watch it with other passionate soccer fans. There’s the banter, camaraderie and the sense of all being together on a journey to celebrate the beautiful game. There’s no way that can be replicated in your home or office.

I’m very interested in hearing from you, the readers, how you’ll be experiencing the games this weekend and who you’ll be rooting for. Personally, I’m looking forward to a wonderful weekend of matches, but I’m most looking forward to seeing the United States play Ghana in a game where the USA team has a much better chance of beating the same Ghana side that they played in 2006.

Contrary to what some of the England fans may think, I’m also looking forward to watching Sunday’s game between England and Germany. I have a sneaky suspicion that England will win this one especially because their poor record against Germany at major international tournaments has to end sooner or later. Psychologically England has an advantage over Germany in that they’ll be more desperate to beat Germany than the other way around. It’s a similar feeling to how Chelsea felt last summer where you could sense a strong desire to try to win the Premier League title in the 2009-2010 season. They had a lot to prove and they did it with incredibly hard work.

Whether England can step up their game several levels depends on the team that Capello picks. Significant changes will be necessary to quell a strong German side.

As for experiencing the World Cup games this weekend, I’ll be at Wowies in Boca Raton for all four. So if you’re in the area, I’d love to meet you to talk about soccer. Plus, we’ll be giving away a ton of prizes including an England home jersey autographed by John Terry, several ESPN World Cup mural posters, three brand-new FLO TV devices (the one I have has been a godsend this tournament) and more.

One more thing. If you do go out and watch the games this weekend, be sure to wear your soccer jerseys and colors of your country with pride. This is a golden opportunity to get behind your country but to also send a message to the soccer non-believers out there that we all love the beautiful game.

23 Responses to Where Will You Be Watching USA v Ghana and England v Germany?

1. bluefanmd says:

I am so looking forward to this match! I am watching it at home, in front of my wonderful television! Air conditioning on (it’s freaking hot in Baltimore right now), a twelve pack of beer and my two little blue fans (and my soon-to-be converted nephews). I told my wife to get out of the house, because it is going to be crazy! (Plus she deserves a break after putting up with all my absenteeism the past two weeks watching football!).

USA, USA, USA!

2. Jesse Chula says:

What a great weekend of football coming up. I myself can’t wait and think all four matches will be fantastic. I’ve got the US going through over Ghana 2-1 and England over Germany in a tight 1-0 to England. I believe S. Korea will beat Uruguay and Argentina will top Mexico 3-2.

I’ll likely view some of the matches at my brother’s house with friends and family which will be buzzing for the US v Ghana match and the England v Germany match on Sunday.

There’ll be plenty of food and drink available and in between the matches, we’ll likely cool off in his pool. Looking forward to the weekend for sure.

3. alistair says:

getting to Dempsey’s (NYC) around 10:30 to stake a position for the USA v GHANA not then off to my staple (Nevada Smiths). Will be

4. Kristian Downer says:

Ill be at home or watching in the Notts County sports bar, free to get in great atmosphere and during the last England match the club’s chairman introduced the club’s new manager to everyone.

5. Tyler says:

If you live in south Florida and you haven’t watched a game at wowies yet, I highly suggest that you make the trip out to boca

6. jk says:

We’ve been watching the games at McDinton’s in Tampa. We had close to 1,000 people for the Algeria game. So many people in fact they had another bar across the street for England fans. Amazing atmosphere. News crews were out and everything.

7. Proghog says:

My friends and I will be at Anna Liffey’s again for the USA vs Ghana match, but I don’t know what I will be doing for the England vs Germany match. I play in a mens Sunday morning softball league and I also don’t know if I will be able to get people together to go to the pub two days in a row.

• Jason says:

What time do you recommend getting to Anna Liffeys? I had some folks over for the first match but am thinking I might want to enjoy a crowd of US supporters for this one.

8. Mike in Idaho says:

Probably at my house since most sports bars here are too stupid or cheap to have their HDTV’s hooked up properly. 3 out of 4 bars here have a standard 4:3 picture stretched to fill their HDTVs, it’s pretty sad.

9. 2Tix4Chelsea says:

Kitty Hoynes in Syracuse, New York.

Seriously, center seat media room at home. As much as I’d like to watch in the company of others, I cant be bothered spending upwards of $5 per pint.

Here’s to scoring early and often so the afternoon isnt filled with antacid relieve pills and pepto drinks.

10. Wayne Novick says:

Dayton Ohio
    Come to Chappys Tap Room to watch the game
    It has been packed and great fun for all of the US Game

11. Jason Gatties says:

Watching from home like I always do. Unless I’m actually at a game, hanging out with drunk f*cks doesn’t appeal to me.

12. Wayne Novick says:

What type of beer do they serve at wowies

• The Gaffer says:

Great question. They have beer on draft such as Newcastle Brown Ale, Yeungling, Samuel Adams, Blue Moon and Sierra Nevada. And they’ve got plenty of bottled beers such as Heineken, Bud, etc.

13. Eious says:

At home. Girlfriend decided to move on Sat so I will set up the TV first and use an antenna to get the damn game

14. Steve says:

The Stadium Bar & Restaurant in Garrison, NY will be hosting a USA watch party beginning at noon. Here’s a link to the viewing via the gousabid.com site:

15. sportsbun says:

Ghana has the hopes of a continent on their back, and will look to be the third African nation to reach the quarterfinals (Cameroon in 1990 and Senegal in 2002). The Black Stars however, have only netted 2 goals in the group stages and both have come from the penalty spot (Asamoah Gyan). In short, Ghana has a difficult time scoring, while the US having scored in each of their matches, has created countless opportunities. Another hard one to call, but the USA will get their revenge and be on their way to the quarterfinals to play either Uruguay or South Korea. Wait, that means the United States, Uruguay, South Korea or Ghana are guaranteed to be semi-finalists.

I will be watching the matchup on eplschedule. – > http://www.eplschedule.com/watch-usa-vs-ghana-live-streaming-and-highlights-fifa-world-cup-2010/

16. Mike says:

At home :( Freaking graduation party to attend, starts at 4 ET. I will be late. http://bit.ly/cqLobL

17. Kathryn Gomez says:

England vs Ghana
    The British Pub in Pembroke Pines, Florida!! RULE BRITANNIA!!

18. Devils Advocate says:

USA v Ghana….Sitting here waiting for k.o. in UK. Paella on the table and beer in hand. Best wishes to the USMNT. Teams just entering stadium….

19. Richard Storer-Adam says:

I will be watching it in a boat yard in Ensenada, Mexico, whilst they haul my boat out. More excited about the games than the boat!

20. Ratatatat says:

YES! GET IN!! COME ON GHANA!!! :D

21. Elizabeth says:

Hey, I just found this article through Bing. I like the example assumted by the article. I’m going to subscribe to your feeds hoping to read again.