SUN, 8:30AM ET
SUN, 11AM ET
EVE
CRY
SUN, 3PM ET
LEV
BAR

wowies group usa england 7 Reasons to Attend Wowies for USA Slovenia and England Algeria World Cup Viewing Parties

Friday is a big day for readers of this blog as we prepare to watch two massive World Cup games, both of which are must win matches. USA against Slovenia kicks off at 10am ET. Followed by England versus Algeria at 2:30pm ET. And we have the added bonus of the early kick-off at 7:30am featuring Germany against Serbia in another game of immense proportions.

No matter where you live, I encourage you to get out of your home or office and go see the game in a public setting such as a bar, pub, restaurant or cafe.

If you’ll be in South Florida on Friday, I’d like to invite you and your friends to watch the World Cup games at Wowies Sports Grill in Boca Raton, Florida. Here are seven reasons why you should join us there:

1. Enter a free raffle for your chance to win a copy of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa video game for the PS3, courtesy of EA Sports. The drawing will take place at the end of the United States against Slovenia game. The videogame is in stores now and it enables you to take your favorite nation to World Cup glory.
  2. Bring this flyer with you and redeem it for a free Red Stripe or Sierra Nevada beer. Yes, there is such a thing as free beer.
  3. Happy hour is 12-7pm everyday. Who can argue with half priced drinks?
  4. All games are shown live in HD on 31 big screen TVs. It’s one of those venues where it’s impossible not to see a TV no matter where you sit.
  5. Come support your country with fellow passionate soccer fans who are as serious about the game as you are.
  6. Be interviewed for a chance to appear on EPL Talk. After the games on Friday, I’ll be taking my digital recorder with me and interviewing opinionated soccer fans at Wowies to get your reaction to the games and how the teams played. This is your chance to get on EPL Talk. For those who can’t make it, I’ll be streaming the World Cup Viewing Party live on the homepage of EPL Talk.
  7. Wowies girls. Take a look at their website to see the Wowies bartenders and waitresses, and then come in Wowies to be served by them.

Wowies is located at 7036 W. Palmetto Park Road, Boca Raton, FL 33433. The sports bar is open at 9:30am ET each day and is showing every World Cup game (except the 7:30am ET kick-offs).

Last Saturday, I had the opportunity to interview two soccer fans who were there at Wowies to hear their opinions about how the US played against England, as well as to ask an England fan about his desire to see either England or his club team, Manchester City, win a trophy in his lifetime.

Thanks to Paul and Christian Sachleben for taking time out of their busy days to be interviewed.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to 7 Reasons to Attend Wowies for USA-Slovenia and England-Algeria World Cup Viewing Parties

1. John says:

I’m unsubscribing and deleting my bookmark. This is ridiculous. As I said previously, I don’t mind advertisements, and I understand that this isn’t a charity, but you make a mistake when you constantly blur the line between content and advertisements.

I’m sure you’re getting paid enough that losing one reader doesn’t matter. But let’s just say I’m not surprised the network hasn’t been featured on Must Read Soccer during this World Cup.

Best of luck to you.

• The Gaffer says:

John, sorry you feel that way, but (1) EPL Talk is not a charity, so I need to find opportunities to be able to pay the bills, and (2) you can choose to skip the articles if you don’t have an interest in them.

EPL Talk has been providing free content since 2005 and has published more than 5,000 articles. I think it’s only fair that a few posts are focused on Wowies, and the relationship I have with them is a good one. Providing World Cup soccer to fans who want to see the games live on television.

I’m not familiar with Must Read Soccer. Is that a website?

• Phenoum says:

Wow man, really? Just skip the post on your RSS feed.
      Lol – wrong side of the bed today? or maybe you’re a Spain supporter?

In any case, I’m not in Florida so this doesnt apply to me – bored so i read it anyways but why do you really care?

2. ianm says:

I’m from the UK and this website is sooooo good that the odd advert doesn’t detract in the slightest.

As has been said, don’t read the thread if you dont like the content.

Keep up the good work Gaffer.

Oh…and that’ll be £20 for backing you up Gaffer :)

• The Gaffer says:

Thanks Ian. The 20 pound note is in the post! ;)

Seriously, it bothers me that after pouring my heart and soul into this site and the network for five years that a few posts about a local sports bar hosting World Cup games results in someone unsubscribing. We all love soccer, as I do, but some readers need to realize that this is a business.

3. soonerscotty says:

First, I just googled “Must Read Soccer” (which you’ve probably done by now too…but just in case) http://mustreadsoccer.com/ I’ve never heard of it either, so don’t feel bad.

While I could care less about a sports bar in Boca, I like others can just skip it. And I’m originally from South Florida, currently being held prisoner of war in the New Mexican desert!!

What’s the big deal? Dude, Get off your high horse!!! I love 95% of the content on here and I’ve learned so much about the beautiful game!

Keep up the good work Gaffer!! YNWA

4. eplnfl says:

I flew into Boca from Chicago and would do so again to see a game . Wowies was a great time and the people who attended the USA v. England where all fun. I meet a lot of people who I would like to take in a game with again soon.

• ianm says:

Its such a shame I couldn’t have been in Wowies for the match – I’d love to see how you Americans enjoyed the day. By all accounts you’re picking up the UK habit of watching these sort of matches in big numbers in pubs & bars. For once it would seem we are 30 years ahead of you though!

Anyway, have you heard about the vast numbers of England car flags on display over here? Just pray that the whole of the US doesn’t follow that particular line.

Good luck for tomorrow chaps.

• The Gaffer says:

You too, Ian. Best of luck in the game. Let’s hope both the US and England wins.

• eplnfl says:

Thank you Ian. The pub thing and the flag thing on cars have been around here for a while, just not for soccer until now.

Good luck also to the English team I hope both the US and England can advance out of the group. It would be good for the growth of the game here.

5. hater ade says:

a sports bar that serves buckets of lite american beer? at least have events in bars with real beer.

i enjoy south beach, but there are better places to watch a soccer match than there.

John is right – you should tag these as “shameless whoring” and we could skip it.