WED, 3PM ET
STO
LEI
SAT, 10AM ET
SUN
TOT

Looking for Eric

I just stumbled across this trailer for “Looking for Eric”, the 2009 film directed by Ken Loach. The film opened at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival, and was released across Europe throughout last year. So far, there are no US DVD (Region 1) release dates. It looks like a good one, I wonder if us Yanks will ever get a chance to see it.

This entry was posted in General, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Looking for Eric

1. dbm says:

Looks interesting. The scene with Eric was really cool. Maybe we’ll see it someday in the USA. Still waiting to see “The Damned United”…

2. MNUfan1991 says:

Even though I saw the movie through means less than honorable, I am still awaiting eagerly for its US theatrical release.
    Seeing the highlights of Cantona’s glory days, in a theater screen, is worth the ticket price. The movie itself is excellent too… and it’s NOT just about Cantona.

• MNUfan1991 says:

And I will totally wear my period-correct United jersey, collar turned up, to the theater. Somehow I think I won’t be the only one.

3. ben says:

“I am not a man. I am Cantona.”

Classic.

4. I hate Man Utd and all they stand for but Cantona rose above that for me, I even had a signed photo of him. Never forgot watching teh 10pm news aged about 15 and seeing him flying kick that Palace fan!

5. Ryan says:

If you have a Bluray player you can import it from Amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Looking-Eric-Blu-ray-Cantona/dp/B002I61EW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1264018624&sr=8-1). It lists for 8.99 pounds and with shipping it converts to $18 even. I have been importing British Blurays for the past year from amazon.co.uk because they are either cheaper or if the film comes out there first like I got The Damned United before it was in theaters here. They work fine on our players the only ones that don’t work at films the are put out by 20th Century Fox and Lionsgate in the UK.

6. Matt says:

It actually played at an International film festival at Navy Pier in Chicago this summer and I caught it there, enjoyed it greatly so I picked it up on Region 2. Long live the King.

7. Jay says:

Just download the torrent like i did to watch it

8. The Guvnah says:

As a future piece (and my apologies if you have done this before) could you compile a list of all the great (or not-so-great) footie movies.

I saw “The Football Factory” on a Transatlantic flight many years ago and it took me ages to track down a BlockBuster video that actually had the film. Funny/sad part is I only paid $3 to keep it and they sold it to me.