- We will be releasing episode 89 of the MLS Talk Podcast tomorrow with MLS, USL and Open Cup news. Look for it early tomorrow afternoon.
- I will be at Tropical Park Stadium tonight for the Open Cup game between Miami FC and last year’s runner up Charleston. You can look for my tweets on the game if you have a twitter account @kkfla737
- Episode 90 of MLS Talk Podcast/Brazil-US post game will feature Phil Schoen from GOL TV and Martin Rogers from Yahoo! Sports and will be released about 3pm ET Thursday.
- Thanks for all the feedback on our post Italy articles and podcast. It’s a unique time for US Soccer with increased interest in our national team and more and more exposure to international football. Truthfully, as someone who has watched the national team for twenty five years I am probably more critical now than previously simply because I feel a great deal is at stake currently, largely because we have finnaly gotten the attention of many in the mainstream sporting press and sports community.
- Former LA Galaxy Assistant Afshin Ghobati has Iran closing in on a World Cup birth.
- I received my confirmation of membership to the new US Soccer SC today(logo above). I have dabbled with supporters groups in the past and in the early days of the internet relied almost exclusively on Sams Army’s website for information about the USMNT. I will continue to support American Outlaws and Sams Army but felt in the interest of full disclosure here if the issues of supporters groups ever come up on this site, to reveal that I have formally joined the new supporters group.
About Kartik Krishnaiyer
A lifelong lover of soccer, the beautiful game, he served from January 2010 until May 2013 as the Director of Communications and Public Relations for the North American Soccer League (NASL).
Raised on the Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the old NASL, Krishnaiyer previously hosted the American Soccer Show on the Champions Soccer Radio Network, the Major League Soccer Talk podcast and the EPL Talk Podcast.
His soccer writing has been featured by several media outlets including The Guardian and The Telegraph. He is the author of the book Blue With Envy about Manchester City FC.
View all posts by Kartik Krishnaiyer →