If you’re bored with the same old story lines in the Premier League that are repeated on blogs and websites around cyberspace, choose from the following Premier League-related articles that you may enjoy instead:
- ECB Abandon Plans for English Premier League (The Cricket Blog). We can now thank the Credit Crunch for one thing. Cricket authorities have decided against the creation of the English Premier League — a new cricket league that was not only going to have the same name as the Premier League (outside the UK), but also the same acronym and the same acronym as this site (EPL).
- Goodison Redevelopment & Everton Stadium Presentation (Keep Everton In Our City). Web design company BlackWidowDesign.com has created a video and presentation to show how Everton’s Goodison Park could be redeveloped to take the club into the 21st century without having to move to Kirkby. I’m in support of this campaign. Everton should stay where they are to preserve the site of one of the oldest football grounds in England.
- Ultimate XI: Broadcast Edition (The New York Times). Fox Soccer Channel’s Christian Miles picks his favorite 11 sports broadcasters. There are a couple of surprises. I’m not a big fan of Jon Champion, but the Setanta commentator is on his list. What do you think about Christian’s picks?
- Sport’s No Longer In The Pink at FT (Sports Journalists’ Association). The Financial Times newspaper has announced that it’s removing its sports section and firing approximately 20 staff members. The only salvation is that FT journalist Simon Kuper will write a weekly sports column.
- Africa’s Biggest Media Company Super Sports Secures Premier League Rights (Standard Times). Super Sport has secured the TV rights to the Premier League in Africa (outside of South Africa) after GTV recently liquidated.