Starting this week, every week I’ll be giving Yanks Abroad updates over at the Orlando Sentinel’s Soccer Blog. Check it out. Every week we’ll feature the best performances of the weekend.
Here is this week’s installment
- Steve Cherundolo played 90 minutes for Hannover 96 in a 3-1 victory over Borussia Dortmund.
- Heath Pearce played the final 30 minutes in Hansa Rostock’s 2-1 loss to Werder Bremen.
- Josh Wolff played 90 minutes for 1860 Munich in a 2-1 win over Wehan. Wolff needs to start scoring some goals if he is going to figure in the US Qualifying campaign for the World Cup.
- Brad Friedel played 90 minutes and made 12 saves for Blackburn in a 1-1 draw with Manchester United.
- Eddie Lewis played 90 minutes for Derby County in a 2-0 loss to West Ham.
- Kasey Keller played 90 minutes and made two saves for Fulham in a 2-0 loss to Liverpool.
- Bobby Convey played 90 minutes and looked lively in Reading’s latest loss, a 2-0 defeat to Arsenal.
- Jeremiah White played 90 minutes and scored a goal for AGF Aarhus in a 3-1 win vs. Lyngby.
- Lee Nguyen played 90 minutes and set up a goal in Randers FC’s 2-1 win over FC Copenhagen.
- Michael Orozco played 90 minutes in San Luis 2-1 win over Moriela which sent Orozco’s side to joint top of the Group 3 table. Orozco continues to make a strong case for a starting position on this summer’s US Olympic team.
- Daniel Hernandez played 90 minutes and picked up a Yellow Card in Jaguares 2-1 loss to Veracruz.
I will try and track all of the Americans in Europe and Mexico on a weekly basis, and list the best performances here. The only second divisions being tracked are England and Germany. Also American born players such as Giuseppe Rossi or Edgar Castillo that have been capped for other nations will not be tracked.