Mourinho denies Inter rumour
Friday our sister site EPL Talk broke the story on former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho meeting Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti, but what a difference 24 hours makes as Mourinho now denies holding talks on becoming the Nerazzurri manager next season. More…
Mourinho issued a statement yesterday contradicting his own spokesman, who said he had met Inter President Massimo Moratti on Friday for talks.”I say categorically it is not true that I went to Milan, that I met with Massimo Moratti,” said Mourinho.
“It is just false to say that I am on the point of signing a contract with Internationale.”
Current Internationale manager Roberto Mancini, whose contract runs until 2012, announced on March 11 he would be leaving the post he has held for four years after his side were knocked out of the UEFA Champions League by Liverpool earlier this month. However, the 43-year-old quickly backtracked and stated his desire to stay the following day after a meeting with Moratti.
Inter Milan managed to ride out a single goal performance by Hernan Crespo in the 11th minute Saturday against opponents Lazio. Lazio eventually drew even after Tommaso Rocchi scored the equalizer on the hour mark and the match ended a 1-1 draw, maintaining Inter’s 4 point lead over closest rivals Roma.
Mourinho, who lifted the Champions League trophy with Porto before guiding Chelsea to two Premier League titles and an FA Cup, has been linked with a host of European clubs since he left the London club in September last year. Inter have won the last two Serie A titles and current lead the rest of Serie A in this year’s scudetto.
The Italian rumour mill continues to claim Roberto Mancini’s replacement has already been lined up.
source: Football Italia