What Lineup Should Bob Bradley Use Against Mexico?
Obviously we’ll get more into detail previewing the match in this weeks American Soccer Show but on first look I believe the US should go with a 4-2-3-1 look. The injury to Steve Cherundolo for Hanover against Hamburg yesterday forces either Drew Moor to start or Michael Parkhurst to push outside. Otherwise Bradley has a full compliment of players to choose from, except of course the injured DaMarcus Beasley and the Fulham’s newly signed striker Eddie Johnson.
This is the lineup I would enter the game with and subs are in 2nd half parenthesis:
Parkhurst Robinson Bocanegra Pearce
Donovan Adu Convey
Possible second half subs:
- Guzan for Howard at halftime
- Holden or Davis for Convey at halftime
- Edu for Clark at about minute 65
- Feilhaber for Adu, pushing Donovan back inside to play attacking midfield. This sub should come in the final 20 minutes
- Moor for Parkhurst possibly late
- Corrales for Pearce late
- Altidore for Dempsey late
- Onyewu for Robinson late
Basically the first four subs I would make and see if their is a need for any of the other four.
Your thoughts as always are welcome. What do our readers think should be the US lineup Wednesday?