News Snippets from the World of Soccer
- Just to show how big the EPL is becoming worldwide, travel agents in Malaysia are offering package tours to watched Premier League matches in England.
- Sven Goran Eriksson considers the Premier League the best in the world.
- This week’s EPL Talk Podcast features an interview with LA Times freelance writer Chuck Culpepper, author of a new book entitled “Up Pompey” which recounts his experiences following Portsmouth and their recent escape from relegation. Listen to the interview here or subscribe to the podcast via iTunes so you get each episode delivered to you.
- If you’ve been enjoying the EPL Talk fantasy Premier League and/or predictions league, be sure to sign up for the Champions League Talk fantasy league and prediction league. More info here.
- If you think you know Christopher Sullivan pretty well (for good or for bad) from Fox Soccer Channel, I encourage you to listen to his interview with Kartik Krishnaiyer on the Major League Soccer Talk Podcast. After listening to him give his thoughts on the game, I have a newfound appreciation and respect for the former U.S. player. The podcast is also available via iTunes.
- Last but not least, listen to this week’s Serie A Talk Podcast for an interview with a true gentleman, Paddy Agnew, as he explains why he doesn’t commentate any more and discusses the paperback edition of his book, Forza Italia. The podcast is also available via iTunes.
About Christopher Harris
Founder and publisher of World Soccer Talk, Christopher Harris is the managing editor of the site. He has been interviewed by The New York Times, The Guardian and several other publications. Plus he has made appearances on NPR, BBC World, CBC, BBC Five Live, talkSPORT and beIN SPORT.
Harris, who has lived in Florida since 1984, has supported Swansea City since 1979. He's also an expert on soccer in South Florida, and got engaged during half-time of a MLS game.
Harris launched EPL Talk in 2005, which was rebranded as World Soccer Talk in 2013.
View all posts by Christopher Harris →