- Just to show how big the EPL is becoming worldwide, travel agents in Malaysia are offering package tours to watched Premier League matches in England.
- Sven Goran Eriksson considers the Premier League the best in the world.
- This week’s EPL Talk Podcast features an interview with LA Times freelance writer Chuck Culpepper, author of a new book entitled “Up Pompey” which recounts his experiences following Portsmouth and their recent escape from relegation. Listen to the interview here or subscribe to the podcast via iTunes so you get each episode delivered to you.
- If you’ve been enjoying the EPL Talk fantasy Premier League and/or predictions league, be sure to sign up for the Champions League Talk fantasy league and prediction league. More info here.
- If you think you know Christopher Sullivan pretty well (for good or for bad) from Fox Soccer Channel, I encourage you to listen to his interview with Kartik Krishnaiyer on the Major League Soccer Talk Podcast. After listening to him give his thoughts on the game, I have a newfound appreciation and respect for the former U.S. player. The podcast is also available via iTunes.
- Last but not least, listen to this week’s Serie A Talk Podcast for an interview with a true gentleman, Paddy Agnew, as he explains why he doesn’t commentate any more and discusses the paperback edition of his book, Forza Italia. The podcast is also available via iTunes.
More in General,Leagues: EPL
Anyone who has played soccer at any level will be familiar with certain truisms entrenched in the fabric of the game. At the highest levels of the game, though, the basic traits we’re taught as we learn the game — closing down opponents, working as a unit, springing into shape […]
Chelsea take the short trip to North London where they face high-flying Tottenham Hotspur in what is a crucial fixture for both sides (live on Sunday at 7am ET on the USA Network in the USA). With only four points separating Spurs from league leaders Leicester City, Sunday’s fixture represents […]
Leicester striker Jamie Vardy deserves the accolade of “great,” Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal said on Friday. And Van Gaal, who has worked with some great strikers over the years, went as far as to say he would not discount the possibility that Vardy could keep his side in […]
This weekend’s Premier League matches across NBC Sports in the United States features a first. It’ll be the first time that NBC’s lead soccer commentator Arlo White will be announcing a home game for his beloved club Leicester City. White will be joined by Lee Dixon from King Power Stadium […]
There are stories, and then there are stories we will always remember. Leicester City’s rise from the bottom on the Premier League is becoming the latter. From the start of the 2014-15 season to this point, 13 rounds into the campaign, the Foxes have played as title contenders do. It […]
Jose Mourinho has admitted that Tottenham Hotspur are potential title challengers ahead of their clash with Chelsea on Sunday and refuses to rule out moves for Harry Kane and James Vardy. The Portuguese also denied that his Chelsea side have an advantage over Spurs, despite an extra two days’ rest […]
This Sunday at 2pm ET, NBCSN will debut a brand-new Premier League Download episode. This time the subject is Crystal Palace, the south London club who have been in the headlines recently after potential investment from NBA and NHL investors in the United States. To give Crystal Palace full credit, […]
Since Jürgen Klopp arrived to manage Liverpool, a feeling of positivity and progression has reverberated around Anfield. Even during the sequence of draws before his first win, the squad showed encouraging signs of believing in his tactics, specifically the all-important gegenpressing. And while it is taking longer to mirror his […]
From a position of strength at the top of the Premier League a week ago, Manchester City suddenly face a test of their staying power against Southampton on Saturday. City’s shock 4-1 defeat at home to Liverpool last Saturday saw them surrender the lead in the title race, with manager […]
1. SOCCER BOOKS Soccer fans love books especially when they’re from some of the best authors in the business and on topics that only hardcore soccer fans could love. This year, there are several wonderful titles to choose from such as: — DAS REBOOT by Rafa Honigstein Raphael Honigstein charts the […]
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has warned his players fatigue will be no excuse if they flop against Anderlecht on Thursday. The Europa League clash is Spurs’ second of three matches during a demanding six days for the club which began with a win over Aston Villa on Monday and ends with […]
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino played down his side’s title chances after they closed to within four points of the Premier League summit by overwhelming West Ham United 4-1. Harry Kane scored twice, his seventh and eighth goals in five games, and defenders Toby Alderweireld and Kyle Walker were also […]
When an established elite side are performing badly, you can’t help but watch. In the case of Chelsea, who have been in meltdown since the first day of the Premier League campaign, that’s been the case for a lot of fans, transfixed by the deterioration of class players and the […]
Manchester United are facing a striking crisis with Wayne Rooney and Anthony Martial ruled out of Saturday’s Premier League trip to Watford. Manager Louis van Gaal confirmed on Friday that Rooney, Martial and Marouane Fellaini will all be absent at Vicarage Road for the lunch-time kickoff in which a win for […]
Remi Garde inherits a struggling squad at Aston Villa with the side rock bottom of the Barclays Premier League and confidence low after seven straight defeats. He faces Manchester City in his first game in charge on Sunday and has just days to get them prepare for the visit of the […]
Joel Robles’ Capital One Cup heroics may have sent Everton into the last eight for just the second time in 28 years, but he will be relegated to Tim Howard’s back-up again this weekend. Goalkeeper Robles has been preferred to Howard in this competition all year, and he had extra […]
Jose Mourinho has told his Chelsea players they are far from untouchable as he prepared to unleash Diego Costa on his former club Porto. The Blues boss memorably described the nucleus of his first Chelsea side as permanent names on the team sheet, but he believes his underperforming players are […]
Number one soccer animator Richard Swarbrick is up to it again with another sensational animation. This time, it’s Manchester United’s Anthony Martial in action. The video below features animation of Martial’s goals against Liverpool and Southampton. Swarbrick created the animated video for Shwapsies, an art collective on social media where […]
Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson will be out for at least six months after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, the Premier League club announced on Tuesday. Wilson, Bournemouth’s top scorer with five goals, sustained the injury during his side’s 2-1 defeat at Stoke City last Saturday and […]
Iker Casillas has opportunity to plot Jose Mourinho’s downfall in today’s Champions League rendezvous
Had Iker Casillas written his own script, his vindication would have been Lisbon, a year-and-half-ago, when he wore the captain’s armband as Real Madrid claimed their 10th European crown. But it’s been a some time since San Iker could author his own fairytales. Over the past five years, a player […]