- Just to show how big the EPL is becoming worldwide, travel agents in Malaysia are offering package tours to watched Premier League matches in England.
- Sven Goran Eriksson considers the Premier League the best in the world.
- This week’s EPL Talk Podcast features an interview with LA Times freelance writer Chuck Culpepper, author of a new book entitled “Up Pompey” which recounts his experiences following Portsmouth and their recent escape from relegation. Listen to the interview here or subscribe to the podcast via iTunes so you get each episode delivered to you.
- If you’ve been enjoying the EPL Talk fantasy Premier League and/or predictions league, be sure to sign up for the Champions League Talk fantasy league and prediction league. More info here.
- If you think you know Christopher Sullivan pretty well (for good or for bad) from Fox Soccer Channel, I encourage you to listen to his interview with Kartik Krishnaiyer on the Major League Soccer Talk Podcast. After listening to him give his thoughts on the game, I have a newfound appreciation and respect for the former U.S. player. The podcast is also available via iTunes.
- Last but not least, listen to this week’s Serie A Talk Podcast for an interview with a true gentleman, Paddy Agnew, as he explains why he doesn’t commentate any more and discusses the paperback edition of his book, Forza Italia. The podcast is also available via iTunes.
More in General,Leagues: EPL
Aston Villa have had a stop start beginning to the season but have made some astute signings and look like a side with some quality players, who should comfortably avoid relegation. They have a young enthusiastic manager and a squad with plenty of players who have a point to prove. […]
We’re four games into the English Premier League season, and even though it’s not an effective barometer for eventual league success, some clubs will be happier with their performance than others. While teams like Chelsea will be disappointed with their start in the context of the millions upon millions they […]
If Arsene Wenger, the Arsenal manager was ever to play a game of Monopoly you would sense he would pass ‘GO’ several times before making that first purchase, and there is no difference in his philosophy for buying players when it comes to the transfer market. The transfer window has […]
For the first time since 2008-09, Spurs have gone the first four games of a season without a win. Three points is good enough for 16th in the table, but is the state of affairs in N17 that poor? They outplayed Everton and were unlucky not to score, played better than […]
Emmanuel Adebayor has been left out of Tottenham’s 25-man squad for the Barclays Premier League. The 31-year-old former Arsenal, Manchester City and Real Madrid forward had been expected to leave the club before the transfer deadline, but was unable to secure a move away from Spurs. The decision leaves the […]
Manchester City have clinched the signing of Belgian attacking midfielder Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg. The 24-year-old former Chelsea player had been a prime transfer window target of City boss Manuel Pellegrini who can now integrate him into the Barclays Premier League leaders' squad. De Bruyne has signed a six-year […]
When Manchester United secured the signing of Angel Di Maria last summer for £60 million, it appeared that the Red Devils were back on their way to the Champions League following an extremely disappointing (to put it mildly) 2013/14 campaign. After all, Di Maria is a world-class midfielder and was […]
Jose Mourinho will demand his leading players, including Eden Hazard, improve after Chelsea's chastening start to the season. The Barclays Premier League champions have four points from four games and sit eight points behind leaders Manchester City after Saturday's 2-1 loss at home to Crystal Palace. It was Mourinho's second […]
Tim Howard denied Tottenham their first Barclays Premier League win of the season with a string of superb saves that enabled Everton to leave White Hart Lane with a goalless draw. Harry Kane, Ryan Mason and Toby Alderweireld were kept at bay by Howard in the first half, although Kane […]
Manchester City have made an excellent start to the season. Three points clear at the top of the Premier League, the Blues are also eight points clear of last year’s title winners Chelsea. However, with just one month in the book and Chelsea adding more firepower in the form of three-time […]
When West Bromwich Albion drafted in Tony Pulis midway through last season to replace Alan Irvine, the club essentially guaranteed itself a Premier League future. But as the Welshman gears up for his first full campaign at the helm of the Baggies, he faces quite a challenge. After all, West […]
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers expects some of his fringe players to leave before the end of the transfer window, having told everyone in his squad where they stand this season. Despite a good opening win at Stoke, much of this week has seen some of those who were not involved […]
Four hundred thousand Euros won’t cover a month’s wages for the world’s best soccer players, but for one Spanish third division club, that relative windfall — its proceeds from Pedro Rodriguez’s move from Barcelona to Chelsea — could mean a new future, one that’s debt-free and stable. That’s because the […]
Sometimes a weekend of soccer works out perfectly. It’ll be varied, including games from different leagues, at different times, with plenty riding on them. Thankfully, this weekend looks set to be one of those. Five quality games all spread nicely over two days from arguably the five most exciting leagues […]
Stoke midfielder Ibrahim Afellay’s suspension after his red card against West Brom has been reduced to two games following a successful appeal by the club. The 29-year-old Holland international was sent off in Stoke’s defeat to the Baggies when, having been brought down by Craig Gardner and then touched […]