/ 3 days ago

ESPN may launch ESPN standalone app earlier than expected

Disney has been publicly discussing a decision to transition ESPN to a standalone app for months now. The massive company currently owns an 80% majority stake in the traditional sports television network. As broadcasting continues a shift towards streaming, Disney is clearly looking at shaking things up at ESPN. Disney/ESPN was recently deadlocked in negotiations […]

Apple TV

/ 6 days ago

ESPN and NBC are not afraid of Apple streaming live sports

The sports media world has been buzzing with speculation that Apple could make a massive move to acquire ESPN from Disney in a deal worth up to $50 billion. This potential blockbuster acquisition could have huge implications for the sports broadcasting landscape and how fans consume sports content. Apple's foray into sports and ESPN interest […]


/ 27 days ago

ESPN criticizes 'lame' NY Red Bulls for selling Messi merch

In his first game with Inter Miami in MLS, Lionel Messi scored the game-capping goal in a 2-0 road victory against the Red Bulls. Messi entered the game in the 60th minute as a replacement in the Herons’ squad, who were already leading the score by 1-0. When he stepped on the pitch, a small […]


/ 31 days ago

Amazon in discussions with Disney over ESPN partnership

It was revealed earlier in the month that Disney was looking for a partner to help invest in ESPN. Disney CEO Bob Iger claimed that although his company wants to keep the sports network, they will likely need help with it. Exploring this avenue could result in various scenarios. Reuters is now reporting that Disney […]


/ 39 days ago

Real Madrid misses out on payday for preventing camera access

Even though LaLiga is making a greater push for camera access, Real Madrid is facing a fine for denying that deeper look. LaLiga wants to give fans a more in-depth look at the players and coaches. One way is to provide microphones near coaches and cameras in the dugout and changing room. However, the 35-time […]

Apple TV

/ 40 days ago

Apple buying or partnering with ESPN makes sense, per analyst

Apple has emerged as a potential partner for Disney as it looks to sort out what to do with ESPN. While Disney could certainly use the reach of Apple, one tech expert says it is a no-brainer for Apple, too. The mega-company started its foray into the sports world, and ESPN would unlock more opportunities […]


/ 40 days ago

LaLiga brings new audiovisual experience to live broadcasts

LaLiga is looking to separate itself with its viewing experience. In doing so, it hopes to challenge the Premier League, which it sees as its principal rival when it comes to competition for global viewers. Even if the era of Messi and Ronaldo is gone and Spanish clubs are not dominating as they did in […]


/ 41 days ago

Kane to Bundesliga: Can ESPN move the needle?

Will Harry Kane's arrival in the Bundesliga move the needle with the popularity of the German league across the United States? We discuss, but we also dive into several related topics. For instance, is ESPN ready to promote the Bundesliga with as much attention that they've given to LaLiga? Does ESPN have the talent they […]


/ 50 days ago

ABC to air Real Madrid's LaLiga opener against Athletic Club

ABC and ESPN+ will have live coverage of one of the highlight fixtures of the opening weekend of the 2023/24 LaLiga campaign as Real Madrid travels to Athletic Club. Last season's runner-up in league play is again one of the favorites. Now, Americans that have access to OTA channel ABC can watch Los Blancos face […]


/ 53 days ago

FS1 now in more US homes than ESPN

ESPN has officially been dethroned as the most carried sports television network in United States. The massive media channel, like most other traditional networks, has experienced a significant drop in subscribers in recent years. This is mostly due to the fact that many Americans have cut their cable or satellite plans and opted for streaming […]

Business of Soccer

/ 53 days ago

Disney may consider spinning off ESPN into separate company

Disney is reportedly considering splitting ESPN into a completely separate company. CNBC is claiming that Disney CEO Bob Iger may opt to spin off the mammoth sports network as a last resort. Disney currently owns an 80% controlling stake in ESPN, with Hearst Communications holding the remaining 20%. CNBC reports that Disney is currently trying […]