First, we had videos. Then subway cars, which was then followed by viral videos and street posters. Now the latest phase of NBC’s advertising campaign to increase awareness of the network’s launch of the Premier League on US television on August 17 features their ads on taxis that are driving through the streets of New York City.
In the above example (courtesy of @randy_j_kim), he got a ride home yesterday in a New York City cab. Half of it was black and white featuring the Newcastle United colors (and the ‘Keep Calm and Pick Newcastle United’ slogan), while the other half of the taxi was in red and white and advertised Sunderland FC.
Instagram user Susan Shek posted this image (see below) yesterday of a Newcastle/Sunderland taxi driving through the streets of New York City:
Presumably there are NYC taxis that promote the other rivalries in Premier League soccer including Manchester United/Manchester City, Arsenal/Spurs and Everton/Liverpool.
If you see any more taxis in New York City with the Premier League/NBC ads on them, e-mail them to me at thegaffer[at]worldsoccertalk[dot]com.
Thanks to World Soccer Talk reader Emmett for the news tip!
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season