Coverage of the upcoming game featuring Scotland-Ukraine on TV is on ESPN2 and a number of streaming services. A long-delayed game between Ukraine and Scotland puts the winner closer to qualifying for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
Ukraine vs Scotland on TV: How to watch
Kickoff time: 2:45 p.m. ET / 11:45 a.m. PT – Wednesday, June 1
Watch now (in USA): Live on ESPN2, TUDN and fuboTV (in English-language)
Commentators: Ian Darke and Danny Higginbotham
US TV: Match is on ESPN2, ESPN+ and TUDN
Includes: World Cup Qualifying + 84 Sports Channels
Despite the World Cup airing on FOX and FS1 in the United States, UEFA World Cup Qualifying is on the ESPN family of networks for these two final games. Once this match and Sunday’s Wales versus Ukraine or Scotland is wrapped up, the future rights are with FOX Sports. Subsequently, FOX also holds the rights to the UEFA Nations League and UEFA European Championships.
However, this UEFA World Cup Playoff is on TV via ESPN2 and the related streaming services.
Coverage from Hampden Park
The ESPN crew of Kay Murray and Craig Burley will be performing the studio coverage before, during and after the game on Wednesday afternoon. Plus, Sam Borden will be in Glasgow as a match-site reporter to provide a glimpse of what is going on with updates on any occurrences.
The commentators are Ian Darke and Danny Higginbotham. Typically, Taylor Twellman is the expected color commentator for this game. However, he will be on duty for the USMNT game that night against Morocco.
Originally, UEFA scheduled this game to take place at the same time as the World Cup playoff games. However, due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, UEFA pushed this game back for early in the summer. This is Ukraine’s first competitive men’s soccer match since the invasion of the country.
In the UEFA World Cup playoffs, the winner of this Ukraine-Scotland game plays Wales on Sunday, June 5. Wales defeated Austria back in March, 2-1, courtesy of a Gareth Bale brace.
Now, this game at Hampden Park in Glasgow, Scotland, puts one of these teams on the verge of qualifying for the World Cup.
The suspension of the game for a later date did not change FIFA from its World Cup draw. Therefore, there is already a slot allocated in the final group stage for whichever team advances out of Scotland, Ukraine and Wales. That spot is in Group B. The other teams in that group are England, Iran and the United States of America.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- QPR showing signs of progress under Michael Beale
- Problems continue to pile up for Spanish soccer
- Rafa Benitez reportedly on Nottingham Forest’s radar
- Umbro releases alternative World Cup kit collection
- Cristiano Ronaldo expected to leave Manchester United in January
- Real’s Perez hopes Super League closes gap with US sports
- Soccer player misses game due to Xbox injury
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Rangers on US TV
- Where to find Inter vs. Barcelona on US TV
- Where to find Frankfurt vs. Spurs on US TV