Manchester United are ready to offer Juventus £26million for Italian midfielder Claudio Marchisio, according to a report today by Corriere Dello Sport.
The Italian news agency reports that a source close to David Moyes gave them the tip. Manchester United are frustrated after seemingly losing out on their chase to try to sign Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas. Now their attention has turned to Marchisio, 27, who has 38 caps for Italy and is an attacking central midfielder. Marchisio has played for Juventus during his entire career except for a brief loan to Empoli in 2007-08.
Marchisio is in Juventus’s squad for tonight’s International Champions Cup game against Everton, which kicks off at 11pm ET in San Francisco. For viewers in the United States, the match will be shown on FOX Soccer, ESPN Deportes and WatchESPN.
What’s your opinion about Claudio Marchisio? Would he fit in well at Manchester United, and is he the type of player who can make a difference for the Red Devils? Have your say in the comments section below.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Manchester United offer €30m for Juventus’ Claudio Marchisio — 101 Great Goals
- Valencia eye Chelsea striker Fernando Torres as Roberto Soldado replacement — ESPN FC
- Stoke City 2-0 victory against Philadelphia Union marred by injury to Brek Shea — Stoke City
- San Francisco 49ers the next NFL franchise to buy into Premier League? — Pro Soccer Talk
- Manuel Pellegrini insists Edin Dzeko will be his first-choice striker — Metro
- Gareth Bale may play in Spurs friendly this week amid talks over £80m switch to Real Madrid — Independent
- Rio Ferdinand has been impressed with Jesse Lingard’s pre-season form — Sky Sports
- Chelsea arrive in Washington DC ahead of US tour — The Guardian
- If Tottenham sell Bale, they will also be selling their heart, their soul and a golden future — The Mirror
- Manchester United launch their first ever online pay-per-view event — FC Business
- Daniel Levy rules out Modric return as part of Bale deal — Evening Standard
- Mehdi Abeid joins Panathanaikos on a one-year loan deal — Newcastle Chronicle
- Chelsea to make £40million swoop for Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney — Evening Standard
- Argentina call-up for Newcastle captain Fabricio Coloccini — Shields Gazette
- PFA chief fears football is ‘losing its soul’ over money — The Independent
- Glenn Hoddle’s message to Gareth Bale: ‘You’re not ready for Real Madrid’ — Evening Standard
- Kieron Dyer retires from football after injury-hit career — Telegraph
- Luis Suarez ‘totally understands’ Liverpool’s decision not to sell, insists Brendan Rodgers — Telegraph
- Chelsea aim to bag Sami Khedira thanks to Gareth Bale saga — Off The Post
- Preview of tonight’s MLS All-Star Game against Roma — FOX Soccer
- Minnesota United unveil new uniforms for NASL season — Football Shirts
- Argentina announce squad for their match against Italy — Argentina Football Federation
- World Cup 2018 Alert: Russian lawmaker: We will arrest gay athletes, tourists at Olympics — Gay Star news
The Daily Soccer Report is your morning guide to the latest world soccer news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.