Late into the CONCACAF Gold Cup game between the US national team and El Salvador in Baltimore tonight, a small number of El Salvador supporters began trying to pelt Landon Donovan with objects near the corner flag. Instead of acting like a jerk, Donovan picked up a pair of sunglasses that were thrown on the field, and put them on before being told by the assistant referee to remove them:
Here’s the Kodak moment:
The USA team went on to win the match 5-1 and will now play the winner of Honduras and Costa Rica in the semi-final of the 2013 Gold Cup.
Here are today’s world soccer news headlines:
- Mick Harford talks leave Alan Pardew’s position at Newcastle United in doubt — The Telegraph
- Chelsea: Kevin De Bruyne injured in Malaysia XI friendly — BBC Sport
- Darren Fletcher out for start Man Utd’s of season — The Sun
- Crystal Palace favourites to land Atdhe Nuhiu but face competition — Sky Sports
- Mourinho claims Lukaku can challenge Torres for spot despite uncertainty over Rooney — Independent
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.