Wayne Rooney believes that Sir Alex Ferguson is still one of the power brokers at Manchester United, which is one of the reasons why the striker wants to leave the club, reports The Guardian tonight.
Rooney has reason to believe that Ferguson still has an influence at the club. Ferguson lied about Rooney submitting a transfer request at the end of last season, when the club admit now that Rooney didn’t. Ferguson handpicked Moyes as his successor. And now Rooney believes Ferguson’s broken relationship is negatively impacting his status at the club.
The article reads as if either Rooney or his agent spoke directly to reporter Jamie Jackson to reveal the footballer’s concern.
What do you think? Is Rooney paranoid, or does Ferguson still have a key influence at the club? Who’s right in this situation? Rooney or Manchester United? Tell us what you think in the comment section below.
Here are tonight’s world soccer news headlines:
- Wayne Rooney believes Alex Ferguson has influence at Manchester United — The Guardian
- Newcastle dealt injury blow to Shola Ameobi — Chronicle
- Chelsea reject Liverpool interest in full-back Ryan Bertrand — The Guardian
- Swansea striker Wilfried Bony still training with Vitesse Arnhem — De Telegraaf
- Manchester United chase for Cesc Fábregas may be affected by Vilanova departure — The Guardian
- Jose Mourinho discusses the Fernando Torres conundrum — Pro Soccer Talk
- Leon Barnett is free to leave Norwich — Sky Sports
- Quincy Owusu-Abeyie on trial at Crystal Palace — De Telegraaf
- Brighton eye move for Swansea’s Kemy Agustien — Sky Sports
- 5 US players who helped their World Cup chances — American Soccer Now
The Nightly Soccer Report is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s worldwide newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly Soccer Report on World Soccer Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.