Stoke City Begin Search for New Manager By Contacting Mark Hughes: The Nightly EPL
Although Mark Hughes is not believed to be the number one candidate, Stoke City have contacted Hughes to schedule an interview with the former QPR, Blackburn, Manchester City and Wales manager. Stoke are also believed to be considering Gus Poyet, Roberto Martinez and Malky Mackay as candidates for the position.
Whether it’s the fact that Stoke want to do their due diligence and have a conversation with Hughes, I don’t know. But it’s worrying that Stoke are even considering Hughes given his horrible management stint at Queens Park Rangers. Mark Hughes is not what Stoke City needs right now.
What do you think? Does Hughes get a bad rap? And does he deserve a chance? Who do you think should Stoke consider for the job instead? Give us your opinions in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Stoke City begin search for new manager by contacting Mark Hughes — The Telegraph
- Gambling is widespread in the Premier League, admits one manager — The Mail
- Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis clarifies Rafa Benitez comments — Sky Sports
- The history of Manchester United’s debt — Andersred Blog
- Gill insists ‘every bit of work’ is being done to keep Rooney at United next season — Mail
- Next season is Arsenal’s best chance of success in years — Life’s A Pitch
- Tony Pulis departure from Stoke City signals the end of an error — The Guardian
- Everton close in on Roberto Martinez as Toffees plan official approach for Wigan boss — Mail
- Why the Bundesliga isn’t the best in Europe — GQ
- The Guardian’ Is Finally Moving to ‘Guardian.com’ — Mashable
- Fifa to introduce mandantory five match ban for racism and points deductions for clubs — Telegraph
- Andrei Arshavin will not be signing once more for Zenit St Petersburg — The Guardian
- Brendan Rodgers’s son and three other Brighton footballers cleared of sexual assault — Telegraph
- Robin van Persie sends Arsenal fan Piers Morgan pictures celebrating Man United title — 101GG
- West Ham record highest average home league attendance in the Club’s history — West Ham
- QPR may need to spend a couple of seasons in the Championship, warns Tony Fernandes — Mail
- Learning on the job, Gus Johnson prepares for broadcast of soccer final — New York Times
- Michel Platini talks about Qatar World Cup, Financial Fair Play and goal-line technology — Mail
- Why Manchester City were willing to fork out $500m on stake in MLS — The Independent
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.