Arsene Wenger will received the dreaded vote of confidence from American billionaire and majority Arsenal shareholder Stan Kroenke Thursday when the American meets in London for a board meeting, reports Guardian writer David Hytner.
As we reported recently, Arsenal is supposedly going to give Wenger a £70m war chest this summer to buy new players. Whether The Guardian‘s report is more believable than The Telegraph‘s story, I don’t know. But knowing the British press, they’re probably copying each other’s stories.
I’ll believe the £70m story when I see Wenger buy some top class footballers this summer.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Arsenal owner, Stan Kroenke, gives Arsène Wenger his full support — The Guardian
- Man United’s move to promote Ed Woodward finalises the ‘Glazerfication’ of Old Trafford — Telegraph
- Tottenham’s Emmanuel Adebayor can return to his best, says Villas-Boas — The Guardian
- Alan Pardew resists call for Hatem Ben Arfa in Europa League match — The Independent
- Chelsea to rest Frank Lampard against Sparta Prague in Europa League — The Guardian
- BBC Sport launches Android app with stats, news, video and customisation for teams — The Next Web
- Wigan defender Maynor Figueroa ‘to join West Ham’ in the summer — The Independent
- Arsène Wenger is right man to lead Arsenal, claims Thomas Vermaelen — The Guardian
- Dish-ESPN trial offers a rare inside look at TV dealmaking — Hollywood Reporter
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.