One Step Closer to Justice For 96 As Massive Inquiry Into Police Launched: The Daily EPL
Today marks one giant step closer to justice for the 96 people who died at the Hillsborough Disaster after Britain’s independent police watchdog is “to launch a major investigation into allegations of misconduct by South Yorkshire police, West Midlands police and others arising from the Hillsborough independent panel report published last month,” according to The Guardian.
This means that current and former members of the associated police departments will be under investigation. This is huge news.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Hillsborough disaster: massive inquiry into police launched — The Guardian
- Michael Owen blames foreigners for diving — BBC Sport
- SiriusXM Radio Set To Launch Dedicated Soccer Channel SiriusXM FC — SiriusXM FC
- FA lecture on alcohol and gambling is hypocritical, writes Martin Samuel — The Daily Mail
- Uruguay FA upset with comments about Luis Suárez going to ground — The Guardian
- Premier League invites Asia and Australasia to tender for TV rights — Premier League
- Liverpool’s Fabio Borini suffers fractured right foot — The Guardian
- Stoke’s Jermaine Pennant says he is set to leave the club on loan — Sky Sports
- Mario Balotelli ruled out of Italy’s World Cup qualifier with Armenia — The Guardian
- Live TV rights market gets more expensive — Football Economy
- Newcastle youngster Haris Vuckic facing 6 months on sidelines after knee injury — The Daily Mail
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.