In the story that refuses to die, Roy Hodgson came out on the offensive yesterday and gave more reasons why Rio Ferdinand was not selected for the England team at Euro 2012. England’s game against France can’t come soon enough, so we — as a public and media — can move on to a different England topic.
Hopefully this will be the last Rio-Roy story, at least for a while.
After yesterday’s two Euro 2012 matches, it was a quieter news day than usual, but here are the main headlines making the news today:
- Roy Hodgson explains reasons for omitting Rio Ferdinand — The Guardian
- Jelavić yearns to make striking impact — UEFA.com
- Uefa hits Russia with disciplinary probe over fans’ attack — The Guardian
- Bilić keeps cards close to his chest — UEFA.com
- ‘Don’t blame Robin Van Persie,’ says Holland coach — The Guardian
- Spain’s Casillas relishing Buffon reunion — UEFA.com
- Ukrainian police must pick their moment to take on racist fans — The Guardian