Powered by
ned3
JUL 13 3PM ET
arg0
ger1

Last Chance to Sign Up For FOX Soccer 2Go Free Trial

fox soccer 2go logo Last Chance to Sign Up For FOX Soccer 2Go Free Trial

The race for the Premier League and the cup competitions is heating up. We’re entering that time of the year where we’re beginning to see the winners move ahead of the losers, while the supporters of the clubs near the bottom of the table get into a nervous panic every weekend.

For those of us in the United States, this weekend is our last chance to take advantage of the FOX Soccer 2Go free trial, which offers a free 7-day trial to the soccer streaming service, available on your computer, iPhone and tablets.

If you haven’t signed up yet, here’s your last chance. Since there’s no early kick-off tomorrow, FOX Soccer 2Go offers a great chance to watch the London derby between West Ham and Crystal Palace tomorrow at 7:45am.

Saturday, February 25:

Sunday, February 26:

• Arsenal v Tottenham, 8:30am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from FOX Soccer 2Go)
  • Norwich City v Manchester United, 8:30am, FOX Soccer Plus/FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Stoke v Swansea, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Carling Cup final, Cardiff City v Liverpool, 11am, FOX Soccer (available after 1:30pm from FOX Soccer 2Go)

Sign up today for the FOX Soccer 2Go free trial.

This entry was posted in FOXSoccer.tv, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Last Chance to Sign Up For FOX Soccer 2Go Free Trial

1. Jamie says:

HBO go is completely free with a Subscription to HBO on your cable or satellite provider. HBO costs exactly the same as Fox Soccer Plus too with way more channels. I imagine the fees for the movie rights are more money than the fees for the rights to these soccer leagues too. Why can’t Fox let Fox Soccer Plus subscribers get Fox2go for free. They would make better business if they did.

• jamie says:

Also Fox2go is only on the computer or iOs devices. For $20 bucks I expect to atleast have the ability to watch it on Roku or some other streaming device that connects to the tv.

2. Nelson says:

I have had this service for nearly 2 years now. I paid $150 for the year subscription. Since I dont get cable, it was my only way to watch EPL. The quality is very good but there are lots of negatives that are not making it worth my money.

- all big matches are delayed till the next day, so I find myself just watching them live on P2P. So I’m not getting my use out of the service.

- all you get is kickoff to the final whistle. It is very deflating to have no pre game build up or after game analysis. It basically robs you of the “event”. (ESPN3 is awesome in this regard)

- No on demand matches on iPad or iPhone, so all those tape delay games can never be watched. Again, I almost never use the service.

- The name “Fox Soccer 2 Go” has to be one of the worst names I’ve heard.

Reasons to get the service? If you don’t need live games and can live in a 24hr bubble shielded from game spoilers, this service is for you. Also, if you enjoy watching matches like Wigan Vs. Blackburn, you will not have to worry about this.

I recently got a subscription to Flash Sport Streams. It has every game ever broadcasted live. The quality is nowhere as good but I find I use it the most. Fox Soccer is only being used when I can’t watch the game live. I will have reevaluate to renew my subscription to Fox 2 Go. At the moment the jury is out.

• The Gaffer says:

“all big matches are delayed till the next day, so I find myself just watching them live on P2P. So I’m not getting my use out of the service.”

Not everyone supports the big clubs, so for someone like me, FOX Soccer 2Go is my best source for Swansea matches. Plus, I love watching all of the clubs in the Premier League, not just the big four.

“all you get is kickoff to the final whistle. It is very deflating to have no pre game build up or after game analysis. It basically robs you of the “event”. (ESPN3 is awesome in this regard)”

Even regular FOX doesn’t have much of a pre-game. Personally I don’t miss it. I usually listen to BBC Five Live for pre-game, which is far better than anything FOX does.

“I recently got a subscription to Flash Sport Streams.”

This is another illegal website, as far as I can tell.

• Nelson says:

I don’t like any of the BIG Four teams, but I definitely like to watch my Spurs play them. Gaffer, you have to admit that some of the best Swans matches will not be live (against Top 6 sides). I don’t have the patience that you have I guess.

I like Fox Soccer 2 go (expesive though) and will probably renew my subscription but most of my watching is on ESPN3 and Flash Sport Streams. I’m not going to watch the game on Fox Soccer 2Go ( especially when its a Sunday morning game like the upcoming NLD) because ill have to wait till Monday evening to watch it. I can’t stand hearing th score line by accident before watching it. With that said, my $50 a year to Flash Sport Streams provides the full broadcast and is getting more use than my Fox Soccer 2 Go subscription.

• The Gaffer says:

Nelson, by paying Flash Sport Streams, you’re putting money in the pockets of a company that is illegally streaming games. None of that is going into the companies who are paying to show the game legally. If you’re paying for that service, why do you bother subscribing to FOX Soccer 2 Go, too?

• Nelson says:

Fox Soccer is near HD quality and it has replay. Flash Sport Streams is live And near SD quality. I turned to Flash Sport Streams out of frustration with the delayed till midnight mess. Fix that and I’ll dump the

I understand your reasoning behind supporting legit programming. I also support it by having a Fox 2 Go yearly subscription. However, the flip side to that is NOT supporting the behemoth monopolies in the cable and network arenas. Without competition they will continue to rape the consumer with outrageous pricing. The cost for me to get Fox Soccer on Directv and Fox Soccer 2 Go is insane IMO. Fox Soccer is only partly to blame and probably the provider is mostly to blame.

I believe as the power shifts into the hands of the consumer that programming will become more affordable. We went through this evolution in the music industry. CDs were regularly $18 but with years of CD sales declining from pirated music, CDs are rarely over $12. I’ve never pirated music and using P2P streams or Flash Sport Streams is not my attempt to go on a crusade, but there is a point to be made.

• The Gaffer says:

Love them or hate them, right now the TV networks such as FOX Soccer and ESPN are the only ones paying millions to bring these games to us, legally. The competition is between the TV networks to bid against each other. Piracy is not competition. They’re not legally providing a product.

Paying Flash Stream Sports is not going to get FOX to lower their rates.

What is going to change the business model is a company outside of FOX or ESPN bidding and winning the rights, and then providing the games in a new way to consumers that is going to disrupt the industry. For example, when Google or Apple gets into the business, where they don’t have a TV network to support, they can offer the games legally via the Internet and/or Apple TV or Google TV. The rates will presumably be cheaper at that point, but there will still be people watched pirated streams, I’m sure.

3. Nelson says:

“FOX Soccer 2Go offers a great chance to watch the London derby between West Ham and Crystal Palace tomorrow at 7:45am.”

– “THE North London Derby” is actually on Sunday between Arsenal and Spurs, and no, Fox Soccer 2 GO does NOT offer a great chance to watch it… you have to wait till after midnight!

• The Gaffer says:

I said London derby, not north London derby.

• Nelson says:

Oops, sorry about that. Didn’t realize there were multiple Derbies in London on the same weekend.

With that said, I would love to see Fox Soccer 2 Go shorten their delays times for EPL matches to what they currently do for FA cup matches (morning matches are usually available around 3pm). I might even pay more for a VIP access for earlier delay times. I can handle 6 hours but not waiting a whole day.

4. Gaz says:

I’m a big fan.

After a lot of deliberation, I’ve even given up cable service because of great online options such as FSC 2 Go. I found myself watching online more and more, as I can just carry my laptop from room to room with me. I have an HDMI cable for my TV to mirror my laptop just in case I get the urge to see something on a big screen.

Instead, I subscribe to FSC 2 Go and MLS Live (previously Match Day Live). I also get Watch ESPN through my cable internet provider. Unrelated to football, I use Amazon Prime Steaming and Hulu for the few shows I like.

On the plus side, I save around $1,000 a year and get a few more MLS matches that I didn’t get with cable.

On the negative, I have to wait until the following day to see some FSC 2 Go matches, and Watch ESPN makes a few matches a season live only.

• The Gaffer says:

I agree Gaz. I watch almost all of my Premier League games on the Internet, and love the flexibility of watching it in any room in my house. Even better than that, I like the interactive controls — being alerted when goals are scored in other games, and instantly being able to see that goal scored online, as well as easily switching back and forth between different games.

5. bob.os says:

I tried this service in it’s previous iteration and agree with the previous posters. Assuming that they fixed the buggy streams and stopped going offline during the few important live matches they showed, it is really still too much money to pay for delayed replays of the matches you really want to watch.

So, how’s that affiliate link working out for you? Last time you posted it you mentioned in comments that you were going to stop using it.

• The Gaffer says:

Bob, FOX Soccer 2Go doesn’t sound like it’s meant for you especially if you only watch “the matches you really want to watch” which are the big four. I like to watch all of the Premier League teams, not just the ones that are shown on television.

BTW I changed my mind and have started the affiliate relationship again. The site isn’t a charity, and I need to generate revenue to pay the bills.

6. Mark says:

…or you can just watch it on the many streaming websites out there at the great low price of FREE.

… that are illegal.

• Evan says:

why are you so hung up on that fact?

Some people don’t have enough money to be shelling out to these companies to watch a few games that can be watched for free on the internet.

I only watch fox soccer because it’s part of my tv plan. I can’t and won’t be able to pay for Fox soccer plus or fox soccer 2 go.

• Nathan says:

Is this the same excuse you use when you dine and dash at a fancy restaurant?

• The Gaffer says:

Evan, sorry but I find it hard to believe that you can’t afford 66 cents a day to watch soccer legally via FOX Soccer 2Go. Of course, you can choose not to subscribe to a service like that, but by watching games illegally, I believe you’re hurting the game. I can understand it if it’s a game that isn’t available live anywhere on TV or the Internet, but the number of games that fall into that category are practically zero.

• skilft says:

Way to play down the costs. Be upfront, it’s $20 a month and it’s only select games. If you’re paying that much a month then you should get everything FOX Soccer shows not “select”.

• The Gaffer says:

To be fair, that review is from August 2011. A lot has changed since then! ;)

• William says:

I can’t tell you how much I want this app / service to work.

It’s getting close, but not $20/mo close. They have a terrific opportunity to corner the market with goodwill and feedback from diehard soccer fans, but instead they put out an average product coupled with a high cost (it’s not just the $20/mo that makes this app costly).

I grabbed a recent update of the app and ran another review just last month.

“A lot has changed since then!” <– I completely disagree:

• The Gaffer says:

William, that isn’t a fair review of the FOX Soccer 2Go service either. I’ve never experienced the same issue as you had in that post. I was expecting your review to focus on what it was like using the web service, and then the app on iPad and iPhone.

• William says:

Yes, it is a fair review of FOX Soccer 2Go. Your expectation:

“I was expecting your review to focus on what it was like using the web service…”

was wrong (see the title of the post).

I’ve never _not_ experienced the issue I had in the post. How else am I suppose to “fairly” review the app? And if you don’t think my review is “fair”, why not take a look at the reviews on iTunes:

Certainly seems representative.

I’ve reviewed the app twice. It’s failed twice. I will review the app again with hopes of it not failing because I want it to work.

• The Gaffer says:

William, the topic we were discussing was the FOX Soccer 2Go web app, not iPad app.

7. Mark P. says:

I will never give Fox Soccer 2 Go a dime until they get an Android app!! Very poor job by a very, very large monopoly like Fox nit to have an Android app! So, I don’t feel bad that people are stealing the live feed from different sites!! It’s their own fault.

• The Gaffer says:

Why’s it their own fault? From what I understand, they’re working on it and are planning on launching an Android app this year. Facebook, for example, finally launched an iPad app in October, 2011. The first iPad was released in April, 2010, so it took Facebook — soon to become one of the world’s biggest publicly traded companies — 18 months to launch the app. FOX Soccer 2 Go (in its latest version) launched in August 2011 — six months ago.

Yes it would be great if the Android app was already available, but these things take time.

8. San Franciscan says:

This is weird, The Chelsea vs. Bolton game is on demand now and not on 11:59 EST.

9. Harry says:

Foxsoccer2go still has some issues with their quality and occassional hiccup in service. For most of the first half of Newcastle vs Wolves the stream was very poor. It only corrected itself in the second half. The other games were all fine. Still, it’s a decent alternative if you don’t get FS+.

10. David says:

Their On Demand is terrible. Lots of time you cannot get the game you select to play at all. I just tried to watch the replay of Lyon vs PSG and got nothing. I’m glad I’m not paying for this crap. I wouldn’t subscribe if they reduced the price by 50%. When my trial period ends I won’t be subscribing.

I also had problems with the Newcastle and Wolves game just like Harry who posted above.

• The Gaffer says:

I call bullsh*t. You’re posting comments under the names of David and Harry from the same IP, while your name appears to be Jason. If you don’t like FOX Soccer 2 Go, that’s fine. But don’t post under fake names and engage in fake conversations just to illustrate your point.

11. Don says:

FOX needs to simplify their model for showing soccer…too many platforms with too many fees leaves me feeling they are just trying to squeeze as much $$$ out of the consumer…have a flat rate say $30 a month and yo ucan get all the content you want online..live. I would gladly do that..if that scares away the cable companies from offering FOX then offer the same offerings as a package on cable/satellite…a soccer package for $30 a month and you get all the soccer you would ever want…live….i would never pay comcast for FSC…and then pony up for FSC+ and FOX 2 GO etc etc…too many platforms too many fees that add up…that’s my feedback as a consumer for the FOX people…

• Don says:

Oh and I am Man United fan…I felt insulted that FOX was advertising last weekend;s game against Norwich on FSC+ as..”do you want to watch ALL Man United’s games live?…then get FSC+”….fat chance of that happening…even if they started showing half of United’s games on FSC+ it would just make me double my resolve not to give in to their tricks….I know they have to recoup their investment but once I start feeling exploited as a consumer you just have to say enough is enough…whoever told them having multiple platforms all with different pricing was a good idea just to squeeze more money out of the consumer should just look at what happened to Netflix…

12. Vu Nguyen says:

Foxsoccer2go service is very bad when it comes to unsubscription. I unsubscribed but still got charged. Their rep tried to brush me right off. I had to dispute via Paypal.

13. Mike says:

Reading thru the comments above, I’m still on the fence about subscribing to Fox Soccer 2 Go. I don’t have cable, but do watch the matches on ESPN3.

Last week there were several live game options on Saturday but in the next 2 weeks the selection drops. Since I can’t see more than a few weeks out, I was hoping for the perspective of someone with the subscription last year. Is there typically more than 1 Saturday/Sunday live match? I’d personally, like to watch as many Spurs matches as possible, but enjoy viewing most other teams as well.

• The Gaffer says:

Mike, FOX Soccer 2Go hasn’t updated their schedule very well lately, but I can tell you that on average here’s how many live games are shown each Premier League weekend:

ESPN2 — 1-2
      FOX Soccer — 3-4
      FOX Soccer 2Go — 5
      FOX Soccer Plus — 1

14. Mike says:

Thanks Gaffer. Keep up the great work – would love to hear more podcasts where you co-host w/ Laurence.