fox soccer hd Two Years After Launch of FOX Soccer HD, Many Comcast Customers Are Still Waiting

Two years ago this week, DISH Network became the first TV provider in the United States to offer FOX Soccer HD. Six months later, DirecTV added it. And slowly, but surely since, several cable companies nationwide have made the channel available. However, the vast majority of Comcast customers are still waiting for the channel to become available. Two years is a very long time to wait especially when there’s no sign of it being added.

If you are a Comcast customer, and you still don’t have FOX Soccer HD, take action and get Comcast to respond why they’re not making FOX Soccer HD available two years after launch:

1. Contact Comcast on Twitter at @comcastcares, @comcast and @comcastvoices
  2. Post a message on Facebook at www.facebook.com/comcastcares?sk=wall
  3. Complete a form that will be sent to Comcast

These unfortunate circumstances reminds me of how slow the rollout of Setanta Sports was nationwide. Even before the company went out of business, it still wasn’t available to the majority of Comcast customers — myself included. Hopefully Comcast will see the demand that’s out there for FOX Soccer HD and will add it soon.

While many Comcast customers are still waiting for FOX Soccer HD, the same applies to FOX Soccer Plus. Next month will mark the two year anniversary of the launch of that network, and we Comcast customers are still waiting for that network to be added.

Of course, the other option is to switch from Comcast and sign up with DirecTV, DISH Network or, if Comcast isn’t a monopoly in your area (like it is mine), switch to a different cable company.

This entry was posted in FOX Soccer, FOX Soccer Plus, Leagues: EPL. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Two Years After Launch of FOX Soccer HD, Many Comcast Customers Are Still Waiting

1. DaveG says:

Comcast customer for 1 year then left for DirecTV ONLY because they didnt offer FSHD
    Seems silly for them NOT to offer it, one customer wont break them, but its a sad state when they offer very marginal channels in HD yet not THE BIGGEST soccer specific channel in the USA??

2. Mark says:

Thank you for the links. I used to call their customer support regularly to ask why they don’t have FSC in HD.

3. Steve says:

I left Comcast because they charged me for the HD package to get FSC, but I needed to upgrade and pay more for my receiver to get the HD channels I was paying for. Haven’t had one issue with DirectTv. Bundled with my internet and pay probably $10-20 more for both vs just tv for comcast. I hate comcast so much.

4. Sam says:

Comcast still has huge beef with FOX over the Big Ten network…and I don’t think the demand or competition will force them to add the channels. Unlucky for someone like me who is in an area where only Comcast is available.

5. RVPFan says:

Comcast lost me this month. I could wait no longer. Plus my cost is way down. Loving watching FSC in HD now. Phewwww!!!!!!!!

6. DE2 says:

The response from @comcastcares: “we’re working on getting that available in all area. No ETA for new markets at this time.”

7. RBJ says:

Yeah, Charter doesn’t have it either….

8. Latic says:

Cox Cable in Omaha added Fox Soccer HD a couple of weeks ago. I’m now a very happy soccer fan.

9. Greg says:

We just got FSCHD in Omaha, through Cox Communications, and BOY is it ever gorgeous. Soccer’s a big, spread game, and HD makes a significant difference in being able to enjoy it.

10. trueblue999 says:

Comcast is a total joke. Someone needs to come up with a cable company that just offers the ESPN networks, FSC, FSC+ and GolTV all in HD. Or better yet just bring Sky Sports to the states but that’s a long way off if it ever happens.

11. robert says:

Thanks for the reminder Gaffer. You’ve set my wheels in motion. Sweet liberation, in the form of DirecTV, is coming Saturday!

12. rose says:

HD channels are very important to me, so I make sure I have the service provider that is going to give me the most. I can get the most HD in the industry with DISH. The best part is they offer it free for life. I get to save money and get what I want. I love watching all my shows in HD and if I wouldn’t have been able to get FOX Soccer in HD I would have went elsewhere. Working for DISH I know I am going to get the best of HD and that makes me so happy.