The news that we’ve all been waiting to hear has come through. In Spain, the La Liga strike has been called off and the 2011-12 La Liga season will return this weekend.
Today, talks between the Liga de Futbol Profesional (LFP) and Association of Spanish Footballers (AFE) finally reached a resolution.
“The committee of the AFE and LFP have reached an agreement that ensured, through various means, the salaries of footballers,” said a statement on the AFE website. “After the meeting today between the AFE and the LFP, the strike scheduled for Friday August 26, Saturday August 27, Sunday August 28 and Monday August 29 is off. Here at the AFE, we thank for their understanding and patience all those who have been affected. Finally, and most importantly, we want to thank all the non-Spanish and Spanish players who play in our championship. We want to convey how proud we are of them all and the unprecedented unity and solidarity they have shown at a time.”
This weekend’s schedule of games is as follows:
Saturday, August 27, 2011:
- Real Sporting v Real Sociedad, Noon ET
- Valencia v Racing Santander, 2pm ET
- Granada v Real Betis, 4pm ET
Sunday, August 28, 2011:
- Atletico Madrid v Osasuna, 6am ET
- Athletic Bilbao v Rayo Vallecano, 10am ET
- Mallorca v Espanyol, Noon ET
- Getafe v Levante, Noon ET
- Real Zaragoza v Real Madrid, 2pm ET
- Seville v Malaga, 4pm ET
Monday, August 29, 2011:
- Barcelona v Villarreal, 3pm ET
Which game are you most looking forward to watching this weekend? Share your feedback in the comments section below.