SUN, 8:30AM ET
SUN, 5PM ET
LAG1
SEA0
MON, 3PM ET
AST
SOU

11 Responses to Which Club Will Crack The Big Four This Season?

1. I am not a spur fan but I think they have a good chance and never underrate pompey and Man city.

2. Raatzie says:

When all is said and done, Manchester United will just barely hang on to fourth.

/wakes up.

3. Where is the choice for ‘no one’ because I don’t see it happening this year.

4. AtlantaPompey says:

If Spuds lose both Berbatov and Keane, they have no chance of finishing in the top 4. Those two combined for 40+ goals last season. Who replaces those goals?

Everton is the logical choice, but they haven’t made much noise in the transfer window. Pompey, with some more depth, will be positioned to challenge for the top 4 as well. I don’t see any of the other teams making legitimate top 4 runs this season.

Of course, I’m a little biased…

5. Chris says:

The title of the poll and the title of the article have two different meanings. Going by the title of the article I would say Portsmouth, going by the title of the poll I would say None of the Above.

6. Chad says:

Most people picked Tottenham. My first instinct agreed. However, every year Tottenham look like they’re ready to break through. The reason they haven’t is their defense sucks. They’ve done nothing to show me that they’ve changed that. They always score buckets of goals, but can they defend? Top 4 finishers always have very good defenses.

I picked Portsmouth, because they are solid enough in defense, midfield, and strikers. However, I think if they sell Muntari to Inter then that will be a severe blow. When you’re a team on the brink, sometimes you have to resist the urge to sell.

Keep in mind that while my belief is that Portsmouth have the best chance to crack the top 4, that chance is still small.

7. SamSpur says:

Spurs back 5 of

Gomes
    Hutton, King, Woodgate, Bale

is as good as any in the top 4. Problem is the health of King and Bale. We need to buy one good experienced backup defender and a DMid.

8. Michael says:

SamSpur, if you truly believe the statement you just made, you’re insane. Gomes is average, King is never healthy, Woodgate is rarely healthy, and Hutton goes forward too often and gets caught out. Out of the five players you mentioned, Bale is the only one I’d take on my team.

9. Lonnie says:

I was torn between Everton and Pompey but I voted for Pompey as they have had the most stable off-season thus far and have added a little quality to their attack by signing Peter Crouch. The only thing I see working against them is the UEFA Cup adventure that they’ll be on. More games, more pressure, etc.

10. todd says:

gotta go with none of the above…even if forced to pick i wouldnt since its just that unlikely

11. Nick says:

all of you saying that tottenham do not have a chance because berbatov and keane are leaving are stupid.
    i mean if both of them are sold it would at least fetch spurs 50million pounds and so spurs can buy the best in the world as replacements. already , arshavin’s and david villa’s agent have said the players are interested in a spurs move. spurs have already brought the likes of Modric,dos santos, gomes , Bently(hopefully in the next few days. so even if the lose keane and berbatov ,tottenham are the most likely side to break into the top 4.