Powered by
ned3
JUL 13 3PM ET
arg0
ger1

Samir Nasri to Arsenal?

Posted on by tyduffy

samir nasri Samir Nasri to Arsenal?

If the papers were to believed, Arsene Wenger would have a Solomonesque Harem of young studs at his disposal.  However, the rumors of OM star Samir Nasri moving on up to the Emirates seem to have some juice.

Nasri, 20, recently signed a four-year deal with Marseilles.  But, the deal contains a £13.5 million buyout clause, which may be in Arsenal’s price range.

Arsenal have reportedly held talks with the youngster, and Nasri hinted that he had played his last match at the Stade Velodrome.

A versatile attacking midfielder who can play on both wings, Nasri would likely be the younger (and better) replacement for Inter-bound Alexander Hleb.

19 Responses to Samir Nasri to Arsenal?

1. saud aziz says:

If Hleb leavs ,, I think that Nasri & Ben Arfa will join arsenal in the same time ..

Like in the summer of 2000 when Wenger sings Wiltord & Pires at the same time and also before Euro 2000 !!

What do you think ??

2. Matt says:

I expect Hleb to leave and Ben Arfa and Nasri to come in… We wont miss Hleb, hes not better than Rosicky and plus the latter can actully score the odd goal.
    European seasons are now all finished so the first deals will be done in the next 2 weeks.

3. Lt. G.S Virdi (Kultham Regiment) says:

Samir Nasri is a wonderful talent, I think he is better than Ben Arfa and certainly has a better temperament, he possesses the ability to score great goals. I don’t think we need necessarily to have them both, I would think AquilaniYaya Toure would bring more to Arsenal than Ben Arfa, we need Aquilani/Toure as they would give central mid some extra steel. We have Walcott, Vela so I dont think we need Ben Arfa.

4. Paul Bestall says:

He scored an absolute belter on Sundays 4-3 win against Strasbourg. A clever player, with pace, skill and passing that can unlock any defence, He’d grace any league. Looks like Arsenal have got themselves another quality young player.

5. saud aziz says:

BBC today announced that arsenal keen on Nasri !!

I think he willsign for arsenal in the few coming days ..

6. Ivan says:

The kid has been hyped and linked with a lot of clubs over the last few seasons. These reports look concrete. The concern i suppose is whether he will have an immediate impact at Arsenal. His slight in frame but technically exceptional. Back in the UCL tie against liverpool just back from injury Nasri was subbed on, although his team lost, the sporadic occasions he was on the ball, he looked a bit ahead of all the other players on the pitch IMO. Not entirely sure where he fits in positionally at Arsenal. Most recently he has played behind the one forward at the Velodrome i’ve heard from my French mates. Exciting prospect.

As mention the minimum release clause will have to be met. Perhaps it would be smart for Arsenal to buy the player before he gets game time at the Euros as that might prompt other teams with larger wage structures to act.

A bit off topic but i think a lot of Arsenal fans are very eager to see Vela in action. They should be no doubt but i think Arsenal fans should really curb their expectations a bit (from the fans i have talked to). The kid had a phenomenal season in the 2nd division a couple of seasons ago and has been good in his debut season in La Liga. He isn’t going to be Arsenal’s solution down the left wing immediately but hopefully he shows signs of promise.

7. ayo says:

If we can get all the players we want i dont see why we wont be able to beat any body next season and challenge for all the title(England & Europe)

8. jordan says:

i really hope he signs because hes an amazing player wih great talent and would be an assest to arsenal.

9. Ryan says:

i would replace hleb for nasri.
    and flamini for aquilani.
    both of which agents have reportedly spoken to arsenal already.

10. wanderer_abroad says:

Nasri is certainly a talent but I’m more worried about Arsenal overpaying for Aquilani. If his rumoured move to Arsenal is correct than I think he is worth much less than the 15 million pounds being talked about. Although Aquilani is a good player, i don’t think he is exceptional, 8 million should be the max paid for his services. Arsenal could probably get a better player like Yaya Toure (good fit because of his brother) and Jean Il Makoun (supposedly the nex Patrik Vieira).

11. kobetz says:

i m man united fans n i thinq arsenal need experianc player only to guide ur youngster..
    dats it like man u did wit laurent blanc for defender, larsson for striker n scholes for midfielder..experienc need when u face a big games…
    it juz an opinion….;-p

12. Tonito says:

I would never want Aquilani near Arsenal. He is a weak striker and Arsenal already has enough great strikers, 4 to be exact. Nasri though would be amazing in a team like Arsenal. He will fit in well with the team because he is young and so is the team. I hope he moves there, and I am happy that Hleb is leaving, I don’t like him. Rosicky though will be missed.

13. Aditya says:

Rosicky leaving sucks.I’ll even miss Hleb tho he’s nuthin gr8.I wud luv it if Nasri joined awesome player.Don’t know much about Ben Arfa but Vela looks promising.Toure is a better option than Aquilani,definitely.

14. mihert says:

I became very happy Nasri join to arsenal club

15. Khun Sander says:

hello
    nasri
    how are you?

My name is Khun Sander.

16. Noor mahamud says:

asalamu aleykum samir my name is Noor mahamud i am 16 yrs old and i live in the united sate seatlle washington i was just saying u are one of my favarite player in the preamier league

17. YONA says:

Nasir, i think u made a right choice 2 join Arsenal as it is one of my favourate clubs in England .I love your style u use.

18. samir you're a c*** says: