Powered by
bra0
ned3
JUL 13 3PM ET
arg0
ger1

Picks

Yes, I had the advantage of seeing the games yesterday before I made these picks.

June 24th

Brazil beats Portugal

FINAL

France beats Brazil

Third Place

Germany beats Portugal

About Kartik Krishnaiyer

A lifelong lover of soccer, the beautiful game, he served from January 2010 until May 2013 as the Director of Communications and Public Relations for the North American Soccer League (NASL). Raised on the Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the old NASL, Krishnaiyer previously hosted the American Soccer Show on the Champions Soccer Radio Network, the Major League Soccer Talk podcast and the EPL Talk Podcast. His soccer writing has been featured by several media outlets including The Guardian and The Telegraph. He is the author of the book Blue With Envy about Manchester City FC. View all posts by Kartik Krishnaiyer →

6 Responses to Picks

1. Anonymous says:

Hey France boy, you are going to regret your picks against England. It is amazing how this website has outright pro-French bias. I know what real Yanks think of France so you guys must just be weak.

2. Zizou 06 says:

After todays game, I feel pretty confident with my pick against England :)

3. Xavier says:

I’ve picked England to win the entire cup, but after today you have to wonder.

4. We Are the Three Lions says:

Do you know anything about Football? England will never lose to Portugal. I assure you we will kill them. Look at our defense today holding up against a constant attck from a good South American side, even with Rooney and Owen out.

5. Federico says:

I agree. Portugal will be strong.

6. Zizou 06 says:

I knew that the English fans would have an excuse for their poor showing. Kartik and I were talking and he said “the English are just going to say they have a great defense.” And he was right!

Honestly, I think you need to ask yourself if you know football. Lets see…England ranked 10th, Portugal 7th. The last time England beat Portugal was 8 years ago. Portugal defeated England in Euro 2000 and 2004. So, yeah, I do think you will lose to Portugal (that is if you make it that far).

I am starting to notice one thing with English fans…they seem to not only be arrogant, but ignorant as well. They feel that they are the best in the world, always. Yet, they have been VERY FAR from proving that.

Yeah, I think most English fans think that we should take them seriously because they beat Germany 5-1 in 2002! They still talk about that game like it was yesterday!