If the 2022/23 Serie A prediction follows this past season, fans can start preparing for a dogfight at the top. With roughly 30 games played, there was reason to believe any of the top four could win the title last season. Juventus, Inter Milan, Milan and Napoli all put together strong domestic seasons.
In the end, it was Milan to emerge victorious as it won its first Scudetto since 2010/11. Overall, it was Milan’s 19th Serie A win.
However, Inter, which won in 2020/21, is looking for revenge. Same applies for Juventus. Despite finishing in the top four each of the last two seasons, supporters of the Old Lady are dissatisfied. Nothing but the best is the expectation in Turin. Last season, the Bianoconeri was far from it. Even without its most successful side, the Serie A title race from a season ago was its closest in over a decade.
With each of the major teams improving with new talent, expect the same kind of fireworks to transpire in 2022/23. Juventus, for its part, brought back midfielder Paul Pogba on a free transfer. The Frenchman starred during his first stint with Juventus, with both the player and club looking for a return to form. Inter Milan brought back a player of its own. Romelu Lukaku comes back to the San Siro after a disappointing season in London with Chelsea. Last time he wore the black and blue stripes, Inter won the Scudetto.
Defending champions Milan did not make too many splashes. Zlatan Ibrahimovic reupped his contract with the side, and Liverpool folk legend Divock Origi is another option up top.
Let us know in the comments how the 2022/23 Serie A prediction shapes up for your outlook on the season.
2022/23 Serie A prediction
This season’s Serie A begins on August 13.
Watch Italy’s Serie A
Includes: Serie A, UEFA Champions League & More
|7-Day Free Trial|
1. Inter Milan
14. Hellas Verona
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find Chicago Red Stars vs. Angel City FC on US TV
- Where to find Portland Timbers vs. LAFC on US TV
- Where to find Man City vs. Man United on US TV
- FOX Sports to feature US Soccer float in Macy’s Parade
- FOX says US-England could rank in top 5 biggest games ever
- Umbro’s USA away kit better than Nike’s World Cup effort
- Man City vs Man United: TV coverage details
- Potter magic seals first league win as Chelsea boss
- Bundesliga in talks with private equity firms to sell media rights
- Gareth Bale debuts own craft beer ahead of World Cup