Liverpool central defender Martin Skrtel has admitted that he may leave the club after his “worst season” of his career, according to reports tonight in The Guardian.
“I have not had any specific offers but if some should come and they interest me, I would probably consider it seriously. The club has the biggest say in this in any case, because they have the right for it with me being contracted. I am not saying that I want to leave at any cost. I feel sorry for what happened in this season. But I have been here for five and a half years and I have built a position here.”
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has been looking at Kolo Toure as a replacement for the retired Jamie Carragher. And now with Skrtel casting doubts on his future at Anfield, there’s the possibility that the Slovak could be trying to tell other clubs “come and get me.”
The article also mentions that Liverpool are interested in signing Kyriakos Papadopoulos.
Regarding Martin Skrtel, what do you think? Should the defender stay at Liverpool and fight for his place in the side? Or is it time for the 28-year-old to move on to a different club? Have your say in the comments section below.
Here are tonight’s Premier League news headlines:
- Martin Skrtel admits he may move on after ‘worst Liverpool season’ — The Guardian
- Isco wants to follow ‘football father’ Manuel Pellegrini to Man City — BBC Sport
- Kyle Walker has been forced to pull out of England’s two friendlies because of injury — Sky Sports
- Cabral to join Paolo Di Canio’s Sunderland from Basle, says agent — The Guardian
- Fernando Torres is named in Spain’s 26-man squad for Confederations Cup — BBC Sport
- Mark Hughes edges closer to Stoke City manager’s job — The Telegraph
- Documentary maker: Why I made ‘Venky’s – The fall of Blackburn Rovers’ — Sporting Intelligence
- Rafael Benítez is confirmed as new manager of Napoli — The Guardian
- Crystal Palace keen to take play-off hero Kevin Phillips into top flight — The Independent
- Tottenham line up £10 million bid for Barcelona striker David Villa — The Mail
The Nightly EPL is tomorrow’s news today. It’s often tomorrow morning’s British newspaper headlines that are published the night before. We do all the work for you, combing the Internet and aggregating the news for you. Read The Nightly EPL on EPL Talk every night before bed, so you can stay on top of all the news that matters.