In the NEW episode, number 258, Kyle Fansler chats with Matt Jones from The Blue Room Podcast and World Soccer Talk Senior Writer Kartik Krishnaiyer. They discuss the impact of fan culture on soccer clubs in light of what’s happening at Everton.
When fans feel powerless against the decisions made by their own club that they’ve supported all their life, what do they do? On today’s podcast episode, we delve into the current situation at Everton and what it says about the club’s owner is on a completely different wavelength than the club’s fanbase.
Whether you’re a supporter of Everton or not, it’s something that most fans can relate to. Club owners make business decisions that are often mistake prone. But what happens when those irresponsible decisions take your club close to relegation?
In the podcast, a central figure of conversation is Kia Joorabchian, the businessman who brokered irresponsible deals with clubs all around England including Arsenal, Manchester City, QPR and West Ham United, among others.
With the season already half over, we ask what the expectations are from Everton supporters, and what can be learned. And where Everton may go from here based on the current decline.
Also discussed is the role of supporters groups and how vital it is that fans have a voice within the clubs. The controversy at the Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns is covered, and how the role of fans and clubs differs between the United States and England.
The guests also discuss the effectiveness of fan protests, and whether they work to get the point across.
Listen to the show via the player above or via this link.
Launched in 2006, the World Soccer Talk Podcast is the longest running podcast on the planet. Every week, we share the latest news about watching soccer on television and streaming, in addition to discussing what we like and dislike, and featuring your questions and feedback in our Listener Mailbag segment.
HEAR MORE: Listen to our archive featuring hundreds of soccer interviews
Send in your questions, comments and feedback via e-mail email@example.com, via Twitter (@worldsoccertalk) or Facebook. We’ll read them out on-air in the next episode.
Here are the different ways you can listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast:
• Listen to all of our episodes of the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Spotify,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Pandora app and website,
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Stitcher,
• Subscribe to the podcast via Google Play,
• Listen via the World Soccer Talk website, or visit the World Soccer Talk Podcasts page
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on iTunes,
• Add the World Soccer Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on TuneIn, Overcast, YouTube and Audioboom.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Women’s World Cup, Euro 2024 & Gold Cup
The New Home of MLS
- Price: $14.99/mo. for MLS Season Pass
- Watch every MLS game including playoffs & Leagues Cup
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & FA Cup
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & Brasileirāo
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season