Listen to our Arlo White interview to learn more about the English soccer commentator.
Arlo White serves as the play-by-play voice for NBC Sports Group’s coverage of Premier League coverage.
White, who spent the last two seasons as the play-by-play voice for NBC Sports Group’s Major League Soccer coverage, relocated back to the U.K. to call Premier League matches on-site for NBC. In addition to fronting national coverage of the U.S. domestic league, he also announces U.S. National team games for NBC and was NBC’s voice of soccer for the 2012 London Olympics.
Prior to joining NBC, White was the play-by-play voice of the Seattle Sounders FC of MLS on television and radio, which included all MLS games, U.S. Open Cup and CONCACAF Champions League games. He also hosted the Sounders FC pre-game television show, producing online content and hosting the weekly Arlo White Show on 950KJR in Seattle.
He previously spent nine years with BBC Radio Sport in England where he was part of the BBC Radio 5-Live announcing team for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. White also served as host on BBC Radio 5 Live and hosted the station’s flagship Premier League football show, Saturday 5 Live Sport, as well as the Monday Night Club alongside BBC football commentator John Motson. From 2005 to 2009, White was the International Cricket Commentator for Test Match Special, called two Cricket World Cups and traveled all over the world covering the sport, including visits to Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, Pakistan and the Caribbean. White was also part of the 5 Live Breakfast program on the BBC, where he covered, among other events, the 2003 Cricket World Cup in South Africa, the 2004 Athens Olympic Games and various Champions League football matches.
Listen to the show via the player above or via this link.
Here are the different ways you can listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast:
• Listen to all of our episodes of the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Spotify,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Pandora app and website,
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Stitcher,
• Subscribe to the podcast via Google Play,
• Listen via the World Soccer Talk website, or visit the World Soccer Talk Podcasts page
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on iTunes,
• Add the World Soccer Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on TuneIn, Overcast, Soundcloud, Spreaker, YouTube and Audioboom.