It was a Premier League weekend filled with poor refereeing decisions as well as the race for the top four heating up with Arsenal and Liverpool winning, Manchester United and Southampton losing, while Spurs and West Ham drew.
In addition to discussing these points, host Nick Webster and guests Nicky Holender, Nate Abaurreau and Kartik Krishnaiyer chat about all 10 Premier League matches from the weekend including the tough times that Everton has been suffering from, Manchester United losing in Wales, and much more.
The podcast crew are here to examine the highs and lows of the weekend. And don’t forget to interact with the pod using hashtag #WSTPod on Twitter.
Listen to the episode via this link or using the above player.
Here are the different ways you can listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast:
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Stitcher,
• Listen via the World Soccer Talk website, or visit the World Soccer Talk Podcasts page
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on iTunes,
• Add the World Soccer Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on TuneIn, Soundcloud and Audioboom
• Download the World Soccer Talk app for iPhone, iPad and iOS devices or Android devices.
Nick Webster: Nick has been involved in football longer than most of us have been alive. He had trials for Watford and QPR, and has coached High School, College, Club and semi-pro. Plus, he’s part of US Open Cup history with Cal FC and the Atlanta Silverbacks. Nick currently holds the NSCAA Premier coaching diploma and has earned all his USSF coaching badges from A-E.
Prior to World Soccer Talk, Nick was a producer and host on FOX Soccer Channel, where he co-hosted FOX Football Fone-In. Nick commentated Chivas USA games for KDOC LA56.
Read the interview with Nick Webster.
Nate Abaurrea: Nate is a radio sportscaster, writer, stand-up comedian, and soccer coach located in Redding, California. Originally from Watsonville, a futbol crazy town in Santa Cruz County, Nate is a graduate of Humboldt State University where he majored in Broadcast Journalism. Soccer is one his true loves in life, and he is an avid Liverpool FC, San Jose Earthquakes, and United States National Team supporter. Road trips, sake & sushi outings, and late night terrace inspired singing are some of his hobbies. His greatest heroes include Bill Shankly, Richard Pryor, Diego Maradona, Hunter S. Thompson, and Jon Miller. In addition to the World Soccer Talk Pod, Nate’s work can be heard on AM 1460 in Redding and online at KCNR1460.com, where he is the lead radio voice for live coverage of Northern California college and high school sports.
Read the interview with Nate Abaurrea.
Kartik Krishnaiyer. A lifelong lover of soccer, the beautiful game, he served from January 2010 until May 2013 as the Director of Communications and Public Relations for the North American Soccer League (NASL).
Raised on the Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the old NASL, Krishnaiyer previously hosted the American Soccer Show on the Champions Soccer Radio Network, the Major League Soccer Talk podcast and the EPL Talk Podcast.
His soccer writing has been featured by several media outlets including The Guardian and The Telegraph. He rejoins World Soccer Talk as a writer, and podcast host.
Nicky Holender: After a successful career as a professional soccer player with Peterborough United and IK Lyn, Nicky Holender transformed his athletic skills into the E.P.I.C. Lifestyle System that he now uses to train professional athletes like Saloman Kalou, Sasha Andrews and Stephen Ireland.
Nicky also appears regularly on TV in shows like The Kendra Show and Shedding for the Wedding and is the go-to personal trainer for celebrities like Gerard Butler, Graham Mctavish (The Hobbit & Outlander), Chinedu Obasi (Schalke and Nigeria) and Victor Anichebe (West Brom and Nigeria), Kendra Wilkinson, Mel B and Chris Harrison
Follow our experts on Twitter:
World Soccer Talk: @worldsoccertalk
Nick Webster: @NickWebster
Kartik Krishnaiyer: @kkfla737
Nate Abaurrea: @DarthNater99
David Mosse: @StatManMosse
Robin Burt: @burtiboy11
Nicky Holender: @NickyHolender
Grant Kerr: @GrantKerrMedia
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Guardiola adamant winning Premier League harder than Champions League
- Klopp refuses to dream of stunning Premier League title triumph
- Berkane sink Pirates on penalties to maintain Moroccan dominance
- Ecuador World Cup spot at risk after potential ineligible player
- Real Madrid look to Liverpool after goalless draw with Real Betis
- McKennie back in US squad for June friendlies, Nations League
- FIFA to announce 2026 World Cup host cities in June
- Rangers seek Scottish Cup silver lining after Europa pain
- Rangnick to meet Ten Hag as Man Utd seek Europa League salvation
- EPL commentators on NBC: May 22