Listen to the Raphael Honigstein interview with the German soccer expert.
During the interview, Raphael Honigstein discusses his book, Das Reboot, which goes into detail about how German soccer reinvented itself, which culminated in the 2014 World Cup victory. Plus, the discussion touches on what the US Soccer Federation can learn from Germany, as well as how Jurgen Klinsmann was a trailblazer for reform in Germany.
Listen to the show via the player above or via this link.
Honigstein is the English football correspondent for the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung, and has been the German football correspondent for the British newspaper The Guardian and the UK radio broadcaster, talkSPORT. In addition, he also contributes to Germany’s popular football magazine, 11Freunde and the British football quarterly, The Blizzard. Honigstein now writes for the UK arm of The Athletic. Honigstein regularly appears on the podcast The Totally Football Show and, before its cancellation, on BT Sport television programme Sunday Night Football, both hosted by James Richardson, where he gives updates on German football.
Here are the different ways you can listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast:
• Listen to all of our episodes of the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Spotify,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Pandora app and website,
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Stitcher,
• Subscribe to the podcast via Google Play,
• Listen via the World Soccer Talk website, or visit the World Soccer Talk Podcasts page
• Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on iTunes,
• Add the World Soccer Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
• Listen to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on TuneIn, Overcast, Soundcloud, Spreaker, YouTube and Audioboom.
Have any feedback or questions about the Raphael Honigstein interview? Let us know in the comments section below.