In the second episode of This Week In Soccer audio edition, we feature a riveting discussion about Financial Fair Play and how the repercussions of the new rulings will morph European soccer into an American closed system where promotion and relegation either disappear or change forever. Plus we discuss FIFA World Cup 2022 and whether it makes sense to open up the World Cup 2022 tournament for a rebid.
In addition to that, there’s an insightful discussion that defends the use of the term “soccer,” and some very revealing facts about its usage.
The guests on this week’s episode are:
Stefan Szymanski (Co-author of Soccernomics).
Richard Farley (NBCSports.com)
Kartik Krishnaiyer (Senior Writer, World Soccer Talk), and
Laurence McKenna (EPL Talk Podcast host).
For the discussion on Financial Fair Play, here’s the link to Stefan’s article on how European football will never be the same that appeared in The Financial Times newspaper.
This Week In Soccer is just one of many developments this summer. In addition to the recent video documentary we produced on the history and legacy of Tampa Bay Rowdies, we released a new show this week entitled Voices of Soccer that features an exclusive interview with former Luton Town and England striker Ricky Hill on the topic of conquering racism in English football. Meanwhile, the EPL Talk Podcast will continue to be released each week.
Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk channel on YouTube. And feel free to share us your feedback on the second episode in the comments section below.
Here are the different ways you can listen to or watch This Week In Soccer:
- Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk channel on YouTube.
- Listen via the World Soccer Talk website, or visit the World Soccer Talk audio page
- Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk audio stream on iTunes,
- Add the World Soccer Talk Podcast RSS feed to your RSS reader,
- Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on Stitcher, or
- Subscribe to the World Soccer Talk Podcast on TuneIn.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Chile name Argentine Berizzo as new coach after World Cup qualification failure
- Canada Soccer cancels Iran football friendly: statement
- Paris readies for Liverpool fan invasion
- How to watch Champions League Final for free without cable
- Aston Villa to sign Sevilla defender Diego Carlos
- RB Salzburg midfielder Aaronson joins Leeds
- Real Madrid remain Europe’s most valuable football club: studies
- Man Utd banking on Ten Hag to lift mood at Old Trafford
- Why possession is not the key factor in 2022 Champions League Final
- Bronze to leave Women’s Super League club Man City